Storage Wars: Fire in the Hole

This episode that aired on the 10th had an unexpected surprise. Luckily, I'm quick-draw w/ screen capture.

dsc06576k.jpg

Show is shot in the L.A. and Orange County areas. Gentleman on left was giving value of equipment couple on right had purchased. Presumably, this ambulance was his.

Y'all can fill in person/rig blanks. ;)

1955 Cadillac with a Super Chief... The middle aged blonde's hair is out of a bottle with dark roots showing. :angel:

sorry Paul

Paul,
Next time you are in Ohio we will have Shelley test you for new glasses. The ambulance in the picture is a 1954. Look just under the buyers right elbow and you can see a parking light. The 54 parking light was in the grille. The 55 and 56 had the parking lights at the ends of the grille.
It looks like a round (54) parking light to me. The large opening eggcrate grille is also a 54 item. Yes, the 55 did have a an eggcrate grille too. But no parking lights in the grille.
I took my drivers test in a 54 coupe de Ville.
Mike

The 1954 A.J. Miller First Aider belongs to Joe Ortiz. It's on long term loan to the L.A. City Fire Department Museum where this scene was shot. The museum is housed in the original Station 27 which, at the time of its completion in 1931, was the largest Fire Station west of the Mississippi. The building was condemned after the 1994 Northridge earthquake and was given to the LAFD Historical Society, which paid for seismic upgrades to use it as a museum. Joe Ortiz is one of the Directors of the Museum. A replica station was built (using current seismic standards) next door to the south about 12 years ago. It remains one of the busiest stations in the city. By the way, the car actually served out of Station 27. Although most ambulance service in L.A. was provided by the "G" units, the Fire Department operated this car and a 1956 A.J. Miller First Aider.

Paul,
Next time you are in Ohio we will have Shelley test you for new glasses. The ambulance in the picture is a 1954. Look just under the buyers right elbow and you can see a parking light. The 54 parking light was in the grille. The 55 and 56 had the parking lights at the ends of the grille.
It looks like a round (54) parking light to me. The large opening eggcrate grille is also a 54 item. Yes, the 55 did have a an eggcrate grille too. But no parking lights in the grille.
I took my drivers test in a 54 coupe de Ville.
Mike

Just send me a big magnifying glass with a string to put around my neck.

Back