1975 S&S Hi Top Ambulance Parts Car

This is the one I was quoted of 5500 with the federal and 4500 without. I have more pictures if anyone wants them. This car is really really rough.

I would call this a $2000 parts car on the top end, and only because of what remains from the belt line and above.

try this again

Attachments

• DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCF0007.jpg
    DSCF0007.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCF0009.jpg
    DSCF0009.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCF0011.jpg
    DSCF0011.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCF0012.jpg
    DSCF0012.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCF0013.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 233
More Pictures

Attachments

• DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCF0016.jpg
    DSCF0016.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF0017.jpg
    DSCF0017.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 230
more, more, more

Attachments

• DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCF0023.jpg
    DSCF0023.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF0026.jpg
    DSCF0026.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF0027.jpg
    DSCF0027.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF0028.jpg
    DSCF0028.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF0029.jpg
    DSCF0029.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 219
Yea I don't think they have ever claimed this car was anything other than in bad shape. It's been sitting outside neglected for 30+ years so what can anyone expect.

It is what it is and it's a part car or a really rough / VERY expensive restoration

The owner has every right to ask what he feels the cars are worth or what he wants to get for them. Reality will soon dictate the market value because in this economy I personally feel it's going to be a tough sale at that price for this particular vehicle, but I still wish them the best. You never know a particular collector might find the parts on this vehicle and price to be very acceptable and scoop this car up.

I do look forward to seeing the other vehicles they have which are getting pulled out and cleaned up and posted. There are some special vehicles for sure still remaining but I also know not all of them are for sale.

I am glad he has placed this quote in his eBay auction just to quiet his critics.

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING MORE CARS OUT OF THE DAMAGED STORAGE BARN/BUILDING SO IT MIGHT TAKE ME A FEW DAYS TO GET BACK TO YOU!!!!

If you take a look at whats in the background of these eBay auction images you can clearly see they have MAJOR ambulance stuff and a lot going on. This guys is busier than the proverbial one armed paper hanger so I hope others cut him some slack if he's just a little slow to respond.

@the seller,

I will just say I know what you're up against with this task (cleaning out this barn and whats inside of it) and know you have your work cut out for you. Don't pay too much attention to your distractors as they have nothing better to do that critique. Good luck on the auctions and stand firm on your prices and inventory.

I assume that it is actually a 1976......... or someone has swapped out the grille and cornering lamps. All it needs is a rust-free '76 Coupe deVille donor car, and around $50,000 to throw at it!

James,
Do you really think that you are helping the sellers by telling them to "stand firm on their prices" when their prices are unrealistic??

I, for one, wish that these really rough project cars were worth big bucks. I know of dozens of them laying around that I would be dragging home to flip on eBay.

I assume that it is actually a 1976......... or someone has swapped out the grille and cornering lamps. All it needs is a rust-free '76 Coupe deVille donor car, and around $50,000 to throw at it!

You know if I were looking for a specific year model or make as a collector and this was the car I had been looking for I would have no problem buying it and starting on such a detailed or expensive restoration.

I mean if you're planning a frame off restoration to do it right this car's condition makes it easier to start right. :D But seriously sure it's going to cost a lot of money but to the right person its totally worth it.

I've seen far worse "parts cars" brought back to concourse condition by loyal owners who just loved a particular year model and make so why not this car?

James,
Do you really think that you are helping the sellers by telling them to "stand firm on their prices" when their prices are unrealistic??

I, for one, wish that these really rough project cars were worth big bucks. I know of dozens of them laying around that I would be dragging home to flip on eBay.

I think of it more as supporting him in what he's trying to do regardless if I agree with his prices or not. Sure we can all argue or offer our opinions on his asking prices but the market will always dictate the final results.

In a really good economy when there is a lot of money floating around such prices are fine but when the economy is dead like it is he will see maybe he is spending a lot of time on eBay and not seeing any real return for his efforts. Until then all I can do it wish him or others well in their endeavors

Eastern Ambulance ran all of their rigs into the ground, so it probably wasn't too much nicer when these folks got it from Eastern.

I took these photos in the parking lot at Eastern Ambulance in Lincoln, NE in the Spring of 1990.

Attachments

• Eastern.jpg
    Eastern.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 142
Eastern Ambulance ran all of their rigs into the ground, so it probably wasn't too much nicer when these folks got it from Eastern.

For me this is sad. I worked for Eastern Ambulance until 1988 and this was the car I worked in for a number of years and it was a great car. It went by Eastern 6. This car was not trashed when it was sold. It was old and well used but still have some good miles left in her. It was sold to a race track owner in Columbus, NE who repainted it to all white and it was left out in the weather when the track was not running. The other two cars, the 72 Superior, Eastern 2 and the 76 Superior, either Eastern 7 or 8 and I am thinking it was 7 which was hit by a semi on the interstate, had outlived their usefullness and it was costing to much to keep on the road than what they were worth. Us older EMTs and Paramedics at Eastern kept up the coaches with a lot of pride. Most often when we could get away with it we used our coach ambulance as much as we could. In fact I used one a few times to run long distance paramedic runs which was not allowed under State law. That was when the work was fun.

For me this is sad. I worked for Eastern Ambulance until 1988 and this was the car I worked in for a number of years and it was a great car. It went by Eastern 6. This car was not trashed when it was sold. It was old and well used but still have some good miles left in her. It was sold to a race track owner in Columbus, NE who repainted it to all white and it was left out in the weather when the track was not running. The other two cars, the 72 Superior, Eastern 2 and the 76 Superior, either Eastern 7 or 8 and I am thinking it was 7 which was hit by a semi on the interstate, had outlived their usefullness and it was costing to much to keep on the road than what they were worth. Us older EMTs and Paramedics at Eastern kept up the coaches with a lot of pride. Most often when we could get away with it we used our coach ambulance as much as we could. In fact I used one a few times to run long distance paramedic runs which was not allowed under State law. That was when the work was fun.

Again it all goes back to any "Connection" any person has to a specific vehicle. Then comes the question of how deep of a connection there was and whether that "Connection" warrants such an investment for a restoration.

Unfortunately these Professional Cars are considered scrap metal to most people outside the pro-car collector hobby and those who do appreciate them for what they are is such a small number of people that it makes saving these cars that much more difficult.

In this case this particular car is probably going to end up getting parted out and sold for scrap. There is only a small number of people (probably be counted on one hand) that have any sort of "connection" to this vehicle and if they're not interested or financially able to take on such a challenging restoration the chances are slim anyone else will. Especially when you can buy a really nice fulling running in top condition similar car for $15,000.00 and be enjoying the vehicle.

so I agree this is truly sad but we've all seen this many time before, another one will probably bite the dust.

I understand wanting to get what the market will bear for your cars, but wouldn't you think that they would take the time to throw a set of tires on it that would hold air and get it to where it would roll prior to listing it? Maybe invest another $15 to $30 in 3 more wheel covers and shovel it out? You realistically only get one chance at selling a car on eBay. It will bring less with each subsequent listing. If you present a car as a parts car or crusher, it will only bring a parts car/crusher price.

The biggest issue is they will want to much for it then it will just sit because no one will pay the amount they want. Ultimately it will probably get scrapped because they will not take what's offered for it and let someone get some use out of it.

I understand wanting to get what the market will bear for your cars, but wouldn't you think that they would take the time to throw a set of tires on it that would hold air and get it to where it would roll prior to listing it? Maybe invest another $15 to $30 in 3 more wheel covers and shovel it out? You realistically only get one chance at selling a car on eBay. It will bring less with each subsequent listing. If you present a car as a parts car or crusher, it will only bring a parts car/crusher price.

I totally agree on a little time investment to present any "For Sale" cars in their best possible light. Not taking such time to do so really does hurt your chances of bringing top dollar. This is what sets successful sellers apart from the not so successful sellers. In this particular vehicles case there's very little that can be done, even with rolling tires. Well other than making it a little easier to push if off a high cliff somewhere. :D

ok just kidding on the cliff part but seriously I do hope they find the right person to purchase all the individual vehicles they decide to sell. I doubt they will get their asking prices simply due to the general market at this time but again I still with them the best.

I'm checking in here regularly (to his eBay account) to see if they decide to sell one or two specialty vehicles that they have in that barn, if so even I might be hard pressed not to consider making an offer. Thats all I can say at this time.

Last edited:
Back