I don't care how much I want this car...

Well after all of this I just had to send a question....

The question I sent was...

is there any authentication that this car was owned by Ricardo Montalban?

Doug, That made me smile and chuckle. I think I heard the owner's head explode !.....let us know if you get an answer ...LOL.

Last edited:
I don't blame the guy one bit!!! If anybody took the time to read the original ad, I believe all of the questions are/were answered. The photos pretty well speak for themselves, the car appears to be everything he claims it to be!

After several calls from people asking the kinds of questions he referred to, I'd probably develop a pretty serious "attitude" mydamnself!!!

Sail On Brother, Sail On!!!

I didn't understand how long Shirley Booth that played "Hazel" owned it. Wonder if I could get an 8 track recording of the "Hazel" jingle to play in it?

Attachments

• 220px-Shirley_Booth_Hazel_1962.jpg
    220px-Shirley_Booth_Hazel_1962.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 183
Well after all of this I just had to send a question....

The question I sent was...

is there any authentication that this car was owned by Ricardo Montalban?

This is exactly why the seller modified his for sale ad. Nowhere in his ad does he say the car was owned by Ricardo Montalban, rather he advertised cars for Chrysler.

Since when is this professional car forum the place to ridicule an eBay seller and publicly call him an "A-HOLE"? That's not informative conversation, not appropriate for everyone, not respectful, etc.

I understand what Kevin is saying. I was wrong to send in the question about Shirley Booth. I made a mistake.

(I had a bad experience earlier this year, had been looking for drivers side cornering light for the '81... just one that looked brand new, the one on it is decent. Apparently, there are 9,655 passenger side cornering lights for this era of car, and on the drivers side - there now exist 3. An ebay seller had a pair of new ones, and I simply missed the part where it said they would NOT split the pair. So I made a mistake and missed it, and asked if the left side could be bought individually. I got back some kind of nasty, "well if you had read the ad where it says I won't split the pair - you would know that I will not sell them individually..." I simply put that seller on a list that I wouldn't buy from anymore. And so it goes....)

His answer

This is what he sent.

Actually it was owned by Herve Villechaize. There are three phonebooks in the trunk he sat on while he drove Mr. Montalban around, bellowing, "Hey, Boss, look out for that Pinto! We don't want to rear end that one!"

Hey Kevin.....what Mike said....

the key is if you don't want to deal with the public don't sell in a public place. I too may have been a little guilty of loss of patience when one maybe buyer asked me "how the car went over bumps". the "if you run over a cigarette paper on the road at speed you will hit your head on the roof" may have killed that sale.

This is what he sent.

Actually it was owned by Herve Villechaize. There are three phonebooks in the trunk he sat on while he drove Mr. Montalban around, bellowing, "Hey, Boss, look out for that Pinto! We don't want to rear end that one!"

Hey Kevin.....what Mike said....

that was funny! :D

if that was indeed his true response you should have responded back;

WOW thats really cool to think Ricardo trusted him to drive but its so sad he wasn't able to enjoy the feel of that soft Corinthian leather on his backside instead of those hard uncomfortable phone books, but being a midget I'd bet you'd always be getting the short end of life. By the way were those phone books white pages or yellow pages and did any of the print bleed off onto the leather seats?

questions for Chrysler experts

Are my eyes going bad or what? I am not a Chrysler expert. Looking at the pictures for that Cordoba I see phillip head screws holding the data plate in place. Shouldn't the data plate be riveted in place? Or is riveting the old way of doing things?
Yes, I have been told I am getting old but I am still willing to learn.
Mike

Back