1956 Cadillac Superior Ambulance Windshield Question

the only way to tell is to measure it in the center from top to bottom. you can go the edge of the rubber to the edge of the rubber and add a half inch. that will be close enough for a check. you can't find a ruler with inches on it down there you'll have to use you rain gage.

the one your looking for would most likely be the NAGS number DW-351. see that a number of sources have them but none listed the measurements. there was a man in the north east that was looking for one from a superior that discovered they used a larger on in some of there earler cars. but the number for that replacement was never posted. that was in the years just before this set. 54-56 used the same glass. I need to go check on my 58 glass today so will see if I can get you the measurements

the measurements in the NAGS book for the DW-351 is 20 inches tall by 76 wide. the across measurement is done from the widest point across the back to the same point on the other side

I'll check a '55 coupe windshield tomorrow, but if I remember correctly, there was about 3/4" of glass in the rubber gasket

the measurements are correct for the sedan,75, 60 series. as I said before the rubber to rubber will be about 1/2 inch short. 3/4 is believable. the hardtop convertible glass is about 2 inches shorter then the sedan one. knowing the dimensions of the expected common glass will let you know if the one in your car is it. they never made one 1/4 in bigger. so if yours measures close in the car to the dimensions listed it is safe to figure thats the one. if you measuring inches bigger and still in the car you know you have to look elsewhere for one. the only safe way is to pull your glass and measure it but one doesn't want to do that unless they have a replacement to put back in. this set you have to pull the headliner loose to get the trim off are not a fun one to put in or take out.

Back