Nasty 1957 Cadillac Fleetwood 75

Not for the faint of heart. Very deep pockets needed to bring this one back, and another car. It amazes me that people can let a beautiful car sit and deteriorate for many years, and then want some one to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
I'm sure that anybody who undertakes this project would have much more in it than it would be worth.
That having been said, I have seen many beautiful restorations that people are buried in. It all depends on how bad someone wants a particular car.
I wish whomever buys it the best of luck! :)

One more case of easer to take apart the put back together. The things you need for patterns are missing. But sounds like a good body. The front bumper is worth the starting bid.

Can't even imagine....

When someone lists a car and states the front seat was thrown out with other parts during the attempted resto. it makes one cringe at the results. Real reason(?): Junkyards in the old days sold anything they could easily remove.

It is indeed one of 1010. If it were a Imperial Cadillac Series 75 Sedan it would be one of 890 in 1957. We are continually amazed here the amount of money some people spend on restorations. Sometimes, 100k on a car worth $35,000. I always write-it-off to a 'personal attachment'. Book value (Jan.'17)on his one is $30,700 in mint condition. Slightly more if it had a documented history of a famous owner. Some of my happiest customers are folks who have restored such a car ONCE. Come in and buy a finished car they can drive today for way less. 'Barnyard Finds' are popular today...can't figure why?- unless the resto. is only 'do-able' a hundred dollars at a time.

Not a bad deal, if you happen to own a complete '57 Series 75 sedan with a lot of rust issues!

It is sad to see one tore down and left in this condition, but who knows what this car's history is. It may have served as a parts car for yet another Series 75!

Back