Bigger Shocks

Can I get bigger more heavy duty shocks for the Lifeliner? Currently the rear has air shocks which simply does not give me the support and lift I would like to get in the rear. Current shocks have pins both up and down mounting in to the mounts.

Thoughts?

the only thing you can get that might be better is the coil over. but the air shocks if they are working should be better then them. before you do anything else do this put at least 40 psi in the rear tires. if the max is heaver then that put them up to max and run it around the block. all the suspension in the world can't compensate for a weak side wall tire. I fought that on the 72 Seville till I got the air up to were the manufacture sand to run the tires at.

Put air bags between the differential and the frame. They aren't inexpensive, but they will give you a lot of lift.

I'm with Paul. Pair of 5" Firestones and enjoy.

I put a pait on my old Explorer, even though Nobody made a kit to do it. Called myself Nobody Industries for a few years too.

Just don't drive the vehicle until you get the tubing hooked up and at least 10 pounds of pressure on the system.

Been there done all that. The car wallowed like a pregnant heaffer. So put new springs under it. Still flopped like a fish out of water. So I put the coil overs under it now it handled like a wading bird, butt clear up in the air darting back and forth. So then I took the radial tires off and put bias ply back on. Better but still squirrelly. Then i was looking in the glove box and it lists tire size and air presser. It said 890 x 15. 25 psi front 40 psi rear. So i set the rear tire presser to what the manufacture stated and all my troubles went away. Most of the handling is from the rear. Most poor handling is from incorrect tire pressure. Set that first then if you still have trouble do something with the suspension. Your mileage may differ from mine but that is my experience.

Back