Benefits of putting the word out...

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
So I'm at work yesterday and one of our Emergency Medical Dispatchers calls and asks if I'll be stopping by our Dispatch Center today as he has some memorabilia I might be interested in.

As I make the rounds meeting up with the various duty crews, I stopped in the Center. After I finished chatting with the Charge Dispatcher and the EMD on our channel, I go over to the EMD that called earlier. He hands me a paper bag and says he's been collecting stuff over the years and knows that I have 2 old ambulances I'm restoring and might find this material interesting. He is semi-retired and has been with our service pre-gov't era (pre-1973).

I quickly look at some of it and can't believe my eyes. When I got home I went through the material in more detail. The memorabilia was acquired from a Doctor who had an interest in designing ambulances for St. John Ambulance Society in BC. He'd collected material from the late 60's mostly. Here's a picture of some of the material...mint brochures from Superior, S&S, MM, CB, Swab, Wayne and even material from Aukland and Denmark!

Goes to show that putting the word out about your hobby pays off when you least expect it!

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 187
Back