a message to my fellow Pro Car Friends

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
As i surf the internet reading other pro car pages, it absolutely amazes me how much misinformation is out there and the lack of knowledge that people have of their own cars. Add into the mix the attitude that some of these "hearsetards" (to borrow a phrase one of our own esteemed members has used) possess, when people in the hobby with a far greater level of knowledge & appreciation of these cars, provide the correct info to the person for the purpose of properly educating them. As much as Ive "sparred verbally" with Attila and Darryl, the knowledge that they possess is unreal and their willingness to share is awesome. Thats what separates THIS club from others is the PEOPLE. People like Paul, John Royark, Ed Renstrom, Kevin O'Connell, Darryl, Tony Karsia, The 2 Steves , Walt, Keith Snyder...the list goes on. The knowledge that Ive gained in my 10 years of pro car ownership would not have been possible without the people in this club. As we move forward to the next chapter of PCS history, lets not loose sight of that. And to everyone in this club, Thanks for all you have taught me.

Well said Rick! There is knowledge and assistance from many of our PCS members available to anyone who asks for it. There is a HUGE difference between the PCS and many other clubs.

well said

rick you hit it on the head. I learn every day here and am not ashamed to admit it. my internet skills and understanding of widgets and apps and such is limited and way above my pay grade. the good thing is I have people that work for me that due have the skills and they find what im looking for for me. ive been guilty of snapping at people to and really wish id just let them be king of the hill. im glad for all the info shared here for other people I just get very defensive when, well, I dislike bullys and sometimes I jump when I perceive such as happening to me or someone else. wish id never said anything. I was reminded by wife that I cant defend everyone and I guess in my mind that's what I was doing. I never get upset when someone knows more than me on a subject so that doesn't bother me its when they think they know me is when I get upset. well I ranted here because of what was posted and this has been on my mind as well. saying that here goes I apologize to Attila b. for getting upset with him and letting myself get baited into a word exchange that couldn't be won by someone with limited abilitys such as I. gonna go spray the inner fenders on my truck and forget the world. really wanted that consort by the way. anybody know who bought it?

Please, please don't leave out Tom McPherson. I think most of us would know very little about professional cars if not for his knowledge, information, and writing skills. I share what I've learned, but much of it I've learned either from Tom or from others who have learned from him.

Anybody can be closed-minded. But if one wants to learn about professional cars, this club has the people who will teach about them.

me I learn something new everyday, most by accident, some by asking, some by tossing things out. when going by the written word and your interpenetration of it as you read it. is as best shaky. remembering to take the in put first and the japes last is the most important part of learning. and if you can't have fun doing it they your working to hard at a hobby.

thanks to all here

I fell on the PCS totally by accident. ~ 2007. Thought I was the only person who had an interest in old ambulances. I visit this site daily because of the contributors, and their thoughts, knowledge, openness.
Many thanks.

Please, please don't leave out Tom McPherson. I think most of us would know very little about professional cars if not for his knowledge, information, and writing skills. I share what I've learned, but much of it I've learned either from Tom or from others who have learned from him.

Anybody can be closed-minded. But if one wants to learn about professional cars, this club has the people who will teach about them.

My apologies if I left anyone out. Theres waaay too many knowledgeable people to list!

the truth is we all know something the other person doesn't. by sharing we all gain a little more. which reminsd me my turn to buy Rick we'll see you the first week in jun

Back