Carpet size?

I'm getting ready to order carpet for my MM. So the simple question is, do I get the two- or four-door length? I saw Paul's recommended vendors list so I have a good idea who I'll be ordering from...so what say thou?

considering that you are not going to be using the rear half of the carpet, I would order the 2 door version. The front carpet is the same from the fire wall down to the seat, and the only difference between the 2 door and the 4 door carpet is where the seam is placed for the rear half. On the 2 door, it is located further back than it is on the 4 door, based on my experiences. I don't know where the GM factory floor seam ended, and the body builder floor pan seam starts, but I am inclined to believe that it is a foot or so behind the back of the front seat. For that purpose, then the 2 door carpet will have enough material for you to put a piece in the rear behind the front seat. Here is a link to the carpet that was installed by Jeremy D. Ledford and Dan Scully... click here

I ordered mine for my MM & CB with the 4 door version and was glad I did, my rubber matting was in bad shape behind the seat and would have needed replaced as well. There was plenty of carpet, I ran it from the back of the medicine cabinet and ended it under the front seat. I was very happy with the fit & finish of the carpet. Just my opinion.

From just a guess after looking at 3 standard 59s two weekends ago, it seems to me that the floor pan of my car is the standard body length. And the door is the same length as the two-door, so perhaps I'll go with that route!

Back