Question

Welcome yes. But since we judge on originality. none original things will deduct In scoring. The only thing necessary is the morbid clause on the show field. Hearse empty and all Halloween type props covered or removed. All of us tweek our cars a little.

There is nothing morbid or skeletons or stickers like that or anything like that when I bought the car they had cut out the rear deck and took the rollers to make an in-house minivan conversion so all I really did was add a seats to the back and made it look very tasteful the car is actually going to go into service for families to do a cremation of a low income so that they can still have a dignified service and the family members can ride in the car with the cremains

Here are a couple pictures of what I have done so far the passenger compartment part isn't quite finished yet... my next goal as I am a woodworker does to build a very beautiful urn holder that will mount in the back

Attachments

• 1022181046.jpg
    1022181046.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 1022181040_HDR.jpg
    1022181040_HDR.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 313
  • 1202181554.jpg
    1202181554.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 307
you also can enter the car for DISPLAY ONLY and not have to worry about points or being judged

The main purpose in judging is to allow one to see places were the car can be improved. You judge off a standard now not agents each other. Remember the goal is to restore the cars to there original state. Judging is to show you places that need improvement and to reward those that have meet those goals. Not to say look at me I beat you.

The rebuilding of this car to meet the needs of a changing market is a fine example of adaptations to serve.
I know the 4 of us were happy giving Mom her last ride in the 67 combo. Who knows this maybe the Funeral car ahead of it's time.

I clearly remember a funeral coach, that was made into a first call car / service car by its owner. It was judged as what it had been converted to, and it did win a trophy. Based on this past history, I can't see where your car shouldn't be judged as to what it has been converted into to fill a need within the funeral industry.

A local guy here in town is "halloweening" his 1985 S&S end loader and I was able to save these parts that he was going to throw away for my project!

Attachments

• 1218181940.jpg
    1218181940.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 341
Back