Crown headliners

Tony Karsnia - Deceased - 1971-2020

September 12, 1971 - November 2, 2020
Awhile back, there was some discussion about the headliner in a 1965 Superior Cadillac Crown Royale limousine combination that Mike Mykulak acquired. I recently photographed this Crown headliner in a 1965 Superior Cadillac Crown Sovereign 3-way. I've seen 1966 and newer Crowns that don't have this pattern and am wondering if it was a design exclusive to the 1965 model year or did older ones have this as well?

Attachments

• 064.jpg
    064.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 261
Daniel Scully's '62 had it. Since there was virtually no change between '61 and '62, I propose this started on '61 Crowns. Earliest I have personally seen is this '63.

dsc06665w.jpg

dsc06667zm.jpg

Note lengthwise headliner stitching and one design element on '63 (and Daniel's '62) verses perpendicular headliner stitching and two design elements on '65.

Tony, is that '65 side panel maroon snowflake pattern?

It may have been an option that was either a stand alone item, or was part of another "option" package.

That is the same headliner (minus the embroided crown) as in my 67 Superior Pontiac Ambulance.

If you are looking at replacing the headliner material, you are looking at about $80 / yard for a close replica of the star pattern. You will need about 10 yards.

I think my 60 crown royale 3 way had it, but it was not colored, just pressed into the panel. I cant find any good pics of the headliner to be sure.

Back