Note to self: remove beacons BEFORE sending to the shop!

Enough said....one lens hit to the overhead door during positioning by the shop tech. Not a show stopper as I am switching the entire roof light scheme to the single Model 184 plus four Model 14's as per the original Acadian style.

Fortunately it only hit the lens, and not the internal components.

Attachments

• IMG_2261.jpg
    IMG_2261.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 320
Makes me glad my mechanic is a car guy and is as careful, if not more, with my cars than his own classics. He even keeps mine in his building, while all other customers cars sit outside.

no luck like dumb luck. they clip that a little lower could have bend up the top. but it happends I have one door here that I have to remember to put the vice grips on the track to keep from scraping something off the roof.

That just sucks. Did they offer to replace it? I had a shop put a big fat dent in the hood of my 55, and all i got was a oops. The pit a small crack in the windshield and said it was there before.

That just sucks. Did they offer to replace it? I had a shop put a big fat dent in the hood of my 55, and all i got was a oops. The pit a small crack in the windshield and said it was there before.

They should replace it! Thats another thing about my mechanic. Once my rusty winter car got scratched while in his care. He came right to my house, apologized like he ran over my best friend, and told me to take it to my body shop and get it fixed, he would pay for it all. I didnt care because it was just a beater, and told him that I was not worried about it, the car is junk. When it was time to pay the bill, he ripped it up in front of me and told me it was taken care of.
Another benefit of living in a small town, people still care about customers and take pride in their work.

He sure did offer to take the replacement cost of my bill. I said, did you know, that was a $1,500 beacon???? He has know our family for years, and will do me right on it.

Now those are some honest shops. Wish there were more of them in my area. I had used that guy off and on since i was 19. Heh........ So much for loyalty .

Ouch!

When I lived in PA, the ambulance service I was with had vans with two beacons on the roof. I was listening to the scanner and heard a unit from my service dispatched on a call. They went responding, and a minute or so later, county dispatch called and said, "Unit 2, the police advise you left your beacons on Pike Street in front of the station." The door didn't go all the way up, took 'em right off. :stars:

Ouch!

When I lived in PA, the ambulance service I was with had vans with two beacons on the roof. I was listening to the scanner and heard a unit from my service dispatched on a call. They went responding, and a minute or so later, county dispatch called and said, "Unit 2, the police advise you left your beacons on Pike Street in front of the station." The door didn't go all the way up, took 'em right off. :stars:

That reminds me of one of my ambulance rides to the hospital last year. The hospital I go to the ambulances pull into a garage to the ER and I heard this huge crash. The door was not up all the way when they pulled in and took the lightbar off the top. Even with the bad chest pains and vomiting my guts out it made me laugh. Ive always heard stories, but to be a part of it happening was priceless.

Gene Williams took his 56 Caddy Ambulance to the shop and when he went to pick it up, they did not watch it on the lift and actually ran the beacon into the roof. They tried to tell him it was like that when he dropped it off.

If you know Gene and how carefull he is with his cars, that dog don't hunt!

Everytime I've had work done on the Lifeliner and it has to be on the rack, I'm right there!

:14_6_12:

Up here we had sideroad shortcut from one highway to another,few years back we had a 4wheel drive with mudder tirs raised up quite a bit,taking the shortcut I saw the height sign was in metric,and the windshield sign was in feet,and by the the time I did the conversion I had cleaned off the light bar,the aerials,the roof vent and rear fireballs,and rear loading light.I never knew my boss could turn that many shades of red,and froth at the mouth whilst he explained to me the error of my ways.No amount of yelling could replace the feeling of being a dumb-ass that I already felt.....

That reminds me of one of my ambulance rides to the hospital last year. The hospital I go to the ambulances pull into a garage to the ER and I heard this huge crash. The door was not up all the way when they pulled in and took the lightbar off the top. Even with the bad chest pains and vomiting my guts out it made me laugh. Ive always heard stories, but to be a part of it happening was priceless.
Oh, it's much funnier if you're not the one getting yelled at by your boss! (Not that I think you having chest pain or any other medical emergency is funny...)

Oh, it's much funnier if you're not the one getting yelled at by your boss! (Not that I think you having chest pain or any other medical emergency is funny...)

Yea, Im glad I was in the back, (never thought I would say that), instead of the one driving. Its a volunteer department in a very small town so Im sure they laughed about over beers after they put it back on.

Back