Show Us Your Nameplates!

Ed beat me to the punch with my nameplate. I'm not sure if I want to have the S&S Ambulance Service plates on my car, or my name. The car only came with one nameplate, so I need to have some made. I may also use 63 Rescuer.....thoughts?

I like the 63 rescuer. most people don't know the name the ambulance was manufactured under. to them it is a 63 superior. but in reality it is a 63 rescuer by superior. we coul chop off the S&S and just leave ambulance.

A few of ours

We have the 2-inch block style in the Paramount, while the Broadways grace the '73 Crown. When we ordered the "DeWinter-Karsnia" plates for the Crown, we chose Broadway because Superiors of this era tended to come with that style plates when ordered with the cars. We also have the set of Old English "DeWinter" plates that Bernie so proudly displayed in this coach for many years. He was never completely satisfied with those because he thought the "e" in "DeWinter" looked too much like an "r" at first glance. There were those of us who knew this and would razz him by asking, "who's Dr. Winter?"

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 224
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Ohhhh.....kayyyyy

...... but don't ask me to take it out of the garage.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 202
I dont have any pictures of my name plates but they are also in the 2 inch Broadway style. I didnt think "Franklin" sounded like a funeral home name and when I was ready to order my plates, Carolyn Coppinger had just passed away & she was our chapter webmaster & newletter editor so as a tribute to her, my nameplates say COPPINGER

Mine are just 2" block with my name. I guess I just don't have much imagination.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Nameplates.jpg
    Nameplates.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 151
Here are mine, sorry about the quality, I took most of them in the dim lit garage. All from Names Unlimited.

1985 Superior Sovereign 72.jpg
2" S&S GOTHIC

nameplates 001.jpg
3"CALLIGRAPHY

nameplates 002.jpg
3" BOOKMAN

nameplates 003.jpg
1.5" BROADWAY

Ordered thru Lakeshore Markers - not sure of the style name.

Attachments

• rishel nameplate.jpg
    rishel nameplate.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 254
Plates from my "everyday" hearse - 3" polished block letters.

Attachments

• rishel nameplate #2.jpg
    rishel nameplate #2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 247
When did the dash plaques begin to fade from use? I'm thinking an "AMBULANCE" one would look cool in my '67 combo when it is in ambulance livery, but I can't recall seeing one in that late a model car.

R/ Jon

When did the dash plaques begin to fade from use? I'm thinking an "AMBULANCE" one would look cool in my '67 combo when it is in ambulance livery, but I can't recall seeing one in that late a model car.

They were going strong after World War II but were virtually unseen by the mid-1950s.

Back