Yesterdays Pac Northwest Chapter Gathering

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
PCS member Don Andersen & his wife Joan invited the chapter to their house yesterday for a potluck gathering & to see Don's new garage & collection of cars.The operational fleet consists of a 1949 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 75; a 1939 Meteor LaSalle Flower Car; and a 1938 Studebaker Commander . The three project cars in the garages are a 1946 Cadillac S&S Limousine style Hearse; a 1937 LaSalle Sedan and a 1937 Studebaker President. Alas, the turnout from Chapter members was downright pathetic. Only myself and Sarah Young and her 2 girls showed up. I of course drove my 86 Lincoln Hearse and Sarah drove her 54 Hudson Jet. Hopefully, she will post some pictures here! The weather was nice yesterday so Im at a loss as to why no one else showed up. Im very frustrated right now. However, Im very appreciative of the Andersens for hosting this event.

Alas, the turnout from Chapter members was downright pathetic. Im very frustrated right now. .

Don't let it get you down Rick, the PCS needs leaders such as yourself. I'm sure I speak for the entire PCS organization when I say, "You are appreciated".

Richard
Florida Chapter President

Don't let it get you down Rick, the PCS needs leaders such as yourself. I'm sure I speak for the entire PCS organization when I say, "You are appreciated".

I agree with Richard. It is frustrating, but it happens to all chapters sometimes. Trust me.

My Two Cents, For What It Is Worth.

Rick, in the past, I have been very involved in club activities. However, I find myself currently in a dry spell. Even as I write these words, I should really be at the Northeast Chapter's Tenth Annual Car Show, but I am not. No explanation for it, I am just not therew.

I think there are just too many things for people to do, not just in this club, but in other clubs we may belong to. In addition, some folks are not making the amount of money they became accustomed to making. Currently, with the price of fuel, some of us may think twice before we travel very far, especially in some of the gas guzzlers that we are so fond of.

I agree with Richard and Sarah, please don't get frustrated. The PCS needs people who will lead, create activities of interest and keep putting professional cars out at shows and events, so as to educate the general public. For now, life is a precarious game for many people, we should probably all be happy with the good friends and the good times we have, no matter how many, or how few people actually show up.

Rick, I know how you feel. For a few years now we have had the same problem, if we were lucky we could get two members to our events. We were estatic when we had 3 cars. I just dont get it either, no one wants to bring them out anymore. We cant even get anyone to run for office, Ive been wanting to step down for a couple years now but if I dont stay we would not even have a chapter.

Back