French Lake Auto

Bill Carlin

PCS Life Member
I went to my favorite Auto Yard today. French Lake Auto in central Minnesota. They use to have many, many hearses, ambulances and limousines. Today, they only have the one pictured here. They have crushed everylast one of the professional cars! Scrap metal prices and an aging owner seem to be the cause of this.

Here are some pics of the ambulance they just got in from Las Vegas. The engine and transmission have been removed, but the body seems to be in good shape, with a couple of dents. I couldn't tell what brand the light was, the only part on the tag was "Illinois"

Attachments

• ponti hearse.jpg
    ponti hearse.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 283
  • ponti hearse rear.jpg
    ponti hearse rear.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 277
just ad engine and trans

That might be a great project car for someone. I have an engine and trans with no body to put them in.
You have to start somewhere. being a Pontiac I am guessing this is a Superior. I am sure someone can tell us for sure.
Too bad they crushed all the rest. With scrap prices what they are this will not be the last of the horror stories we hear.
Mike

Yes, it is a Superior. I forgot to upload that pic

Attachments

• 2011-06-23_10.12.14.jpg
    2011-06-23_10.12.14.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 2011-06-23_11.50.11.jpg
    2011-06-23_11.50.11.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 261
This was a running driving car that they had for sale in their little lot of sale cars in 2009. I think it was 3000 or something like that. Someone wanted the 421 or 428 that was in it I am sure. The car was priced for the engine pretty much.

Oh I see how this goes!

Wouldn't you know it, the one day I called you because I needed some assistance in the St. Cloud area and you are - of all places - at FRENCH LAKE!

Well, good for you for enjoying such a great place (while other of us were slaaaaving awaaaay)!

Leslie was more than gracious about providing me with the info I needed and I told her to tell you hi, but had I known you were at FRENCH LAKE, I would have asked, even begged her to really razz you!

:specool:

Wouldn't you know it, the one day I called you because I needed some assistance in the St. Cloud area and you are - of all places - at FRENCH LAKE!

Well, good for you for enjoying such a great place (while other of us were slaaaaving awaaaay)!

Leslie was more than gracious about providing me with the info I needed and I told her to tell you hi, but had I known you were at FRENCH LAKE, I would have asked, even begged her to really razz you!

:specool:

Boy, I DO have good timing!! LOL:yum:

not just a Superior.......

That's a Superior Pontiac US Air Force ambulance..........I used to have a very similar model.....not the same year, but the same interior package....... no divider is the tip=off, the single simple beacon, and the USAF blue interior..

Back