'42 Miller Art Carved

Arguably the most famous coach that has come out of Mexico in recent years.

dsc04369p.jpg

Price of admission? A 22 hour day without so much as bathroom breaks or food. Add ticks faster than you can count while removing. Think you have what it takes?

dsc04345m.jpg

Yes, there are "experts" here that will say Miller never built an Art Carved with glass panels. That because not a single picture was included in the Miller Meteor book it must be a fake. For those and Negative Nancy chimers warm humble pie awaits.

dsc04344p.jpg

This '42 Miller Art Carved is unrestored, original paint, and most definitely REAL!

dsc04352s.jpg

I've uploaded images larger than normal given rarity to appease right click and saves. The trade off is private complaints about being on dial-up. Yada yada yada; broken record. One would think actual pertinent factual contributions outweigh opinion oriented only posts that sway off-topic/thread jack...but then again, logic doesn't dictate some posters here.

dsc04366cg.jpg

Detail this rare coach exudes is simply breathtaking. Upon walking around a corner and at first glance, it commands both unheralded attention and respect.

dsc04353f.jpg

Given confines, 25mm wide angle provided a decent tool.

dsc04354t.jpg

Note smooth, curved rear door that does not have arched windows.

dsc04349y.jpg

Leaning toward reupholstered interior (or portions thereof) at some point in the past. Doesn't deter much as patina matches.

dsc04365z.jpg

Shriner insignia come to anyone else..?

dsc04361e.jpg

Many, many deep breaths were heard as this coach saturated senses.

dsc04363z.jpg

The Miller's custodian has gone through mechanically since acquiring. It now runs. Wheels have been powdercoated and new tires fitted, yet to be mounted on coach.

dsc04356ka.jpg

There is evidence supporting this coach continued a 'trend' of being exported to Mexico when originally decommissioned in the US. It was last registered here in New Jersey, 1949. Perhaps this is enough information to track early life.

Few cars make me break out in a cold sweat......this has always been one...

A 41...from the brochure...
41miller05.jpg

2 views of the above mentioned '42 in '06
42millermexicoj.jpg

42millermexicob.jpg

It is in the US.

Interesting factoid~ When the pictures initially surfaced online, the '42 had already been sold a full year earlier. It is in that same custodian's care and will be infinitely; including willed. While a couple minor issues are present, most pleasing to see preservation taken over restoration. Only original once.

Wasn't joking about the tick thing unfortunately. 16 more pulled this morning, although only 3 were deer ticks, the rest were seed. Yucko/worth it.

dsc04558n.jpg

This is whats its all about for me. The rarer the car, the better. I do love my 63 Cad, series 62. But really dig my 63 Superior & 63 M&M. They are not to be seen anywhere I go. I'm not in the business of an EMT, or funeral home, so I'm not heart set on originality. But something that rare would dictate originality.

Back