1957 S&S Victoria for sale

Tom Hoczyk

PCS Past President
Sometimes it's amazing what cars are so close to home. It goes to show that you should never give up the search. In this case, this car fell right into my lap right here in Fort Wayne Indiana. Apparently it was purchased about 15 years ago at the car corral of the Kruse Auburn Auction. No doubt it was in better condition. It spent lots of time in Evansville IN, where the owner is said to have gone through a divorce and lost interest in the car. It apparently spent it's time in a barn in Evansville until the brother of the man in Evansville bought it and brought it here to Fort Wayne. This brother has apparently lost interest in it, so it's for sale.

1957 S&S Victoria with x-tend table. 48,000 miles on the original engine. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it about a 4. Much of the car is solid, but has quite a bit of corrosion. There was some rain that blew into the open windows, so the interior has wear too, although not tooooo terrible. The pictures give you a good idea of what to expect. The windshield is good, has no cracks. The asking price is $5500 at this time, but I've only talked with the son of the owner.

As I'm only acting to get this rare car (the only '57 Victoria that I know to exist) into loving hands, I'll ask that seriously interested persons email me directly ( hoczyk@yahoo.com ) and I'll ask the son the best way to contact his father to make an offer. I'll gladly answer any questions via this message board. I hope someone rescues this old girl. At one time she was a pretty neat car. Tom

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 532
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 533
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 525
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 525
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 522
50s stuff in any shape is gettig hard to find. one all togather is a real plus. I still can't under stand the pull the top of the air cleaner to prime it and never put it back on. needed to move the car and don't care is what I guess.

Tom,
This looks like it could be the same car Rance Bennett brought to Auburn in 1996. It didn't bring that much if I remember, maybe $1750.00 or $2000.00. It's a shame it didn't get a better home. It was a nice car back then with less than perfect paint.

It would be nice if someone would restore this car. But, it costs lots of money, so someone has to really have the interest. And as Ed says, Fifties cars are getting harder to find. What a wonderful period in history to preserve.

Last Call!

I FINALLY got a phone call back from the owner of the '57 S&S Victoria. Tim is correct that this car sold as part of a massive block of cars that Rance Bennett sold in Auburn. If you have an interest in this car, be aware that the asking price is $5500. The owner is named Jim, phone 260-519-2286. He works long hours, so asked that you leave a voice mail message mentioning the hearse, and that he would definitely call people back. If you don't have a serious interest, I would ask that you not call him. Tom

Back