1950 S&S 3-Way

That coach is REALLY rusty! It must have been stored in a building with a wet dirt floor. Obviously has been stored indoors though. Looks like it probably was home to some critters for a while. The current owner has done a nice job of cleaning it up as best he could.

The good part is it appears the trim is all there. See only the one door sill mangled in the pictures. But a project like this is not for the faint of hart. You are looking at a easy 60 grand to get up to show. Thats after you buy it and get it home and are doing the work yourself.

...... if it were only floor sections that it needed. It looks like the base of the cowl has rusted away from the floor and rockers.

Impossible to tell about how bad rust is till The car is striped. Normality once it cuts threw heavy activity stops because now the panals will not hold water. But depending on how the water got in depends on structural damage or not. Normally if the doors swing free wand close easly its not to bad. That being said i got really fooled on a Eureka

...... if it were only floor sections that it needed. It looks like the base of the cowl has rusted away from the floor and rockers.

That's always a fun repair. Car dealer I previously worked for had to buy a specific convertible. Despite everything I said and pointed out wrong with it he could not be dissuaded. Cowl rusted away was one of many issues. the amazing part to me was that even though the lower doors, fenders, rockers, quarters and floor pans had to be replaced or built the trunk floor was solid and not as much as a pinhole through it.

They made a silk purse out of a sow's ear finally after several months. Parts bill (my area) wasn't pretty either.

Yikes...way too much rust and a surprise as the 1st photo looked great. Sad as a great, great Coach by a respected Coachbuilder. You got to wonder if it wasn't involved in a river flood.

I don't see it as flood damage. Just REALLY bad indoor storage. I have a '74 Lifeliner that fell victim to the same, although my Lifeliner is not as bad.

Back