What kind of seat for a 1958 Cadillac Professional Car?

I am thinking about going back to the kind of seat that came in my 1958 Cadillac Eureka flower car.

Here is a picture of what I think was in it originally. It looks like the seats fold forward to access storage, but no arm rest like in my 58 coupe and convertible.

Any ideas about what I should be looking for?

efc9+%25281%2529.jpg

Coupe bench seats are split, sedan seats are not. That appears being the original seat to your '58. Mine is also split with no armrest.

I have two 58 Eldos (coupe and convertible) that have armrests in the middle. Can't find much, picture-wise online, but a 58 Cope DeVille has an armrest also.

Does the base 1958 Coupe have just a split seat?

Here again I am speaking from memory but I do not think the base model 62 coupe had a center arm rest. The deville and up had at least two way power standard and the center arm rest the 62 even came so low line that power windows and seat were extra cost options. The base seat should be the same in a 57 58 Olds or Buick lower line models to avoid the arm rest

I know of a '57 Superior combo in a salvage yard that still has its original split bench seat in good condition. You can probably find something closer, but let me know if you cannot.

For 1958 Cadillacs,

The difference between arm rest / No arm rest was

series 62 coupe no arm rest split bench

Series 63 coupe[deville] and Eldorado came with an arm between the split bench as standard.

This was true for 1959 and 1960 as well.

Btw.

Those split bench series 62 front seats are worth very little since most people now try to upgrade to an arm rest! Should find a good core under $100 but shipping is going to be high.

Nick

Shipping shouldn't be too bad if you contact someone like "2-Brothers Transport" who will haul parts in addition to cars.

I would, personally, prefer to keep my cars as original as possible as an arm rest should be a deduct when showing a coach as they weren't built with one.

I am thinking about going back to the kind of seat that came in my 1958 Cadillac Eureka flower car.

Here is a picture of what I think was in it originally. It looks like the seats fold forward to access storage, but no arm rest like in my 58 coupe and convertible.

Any ideas about what I should be looking for?

efc9+%25281%2529.jpg

By the way, I think your idea of taking your flower car back to being closer to original is a great idea!!

here is the original seat out of a 58 eureka. the car that I have owned that had the center arm rest was the 73 S&S combo. the split bench out of a full side Buick or Olds should be the same frame. the padding and style of upholstery would be different and you would most likely need to use your seat tracks but the frame and springs would be the same. I should know were there is one there are two 58 up in rapid but I have not paid any attention to the seats.

Attachments

• IMG_0996a.jpg
    IMG_0996a.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 274
To clarify for the readers, if I remember correctly, Bill's car currently has modern seats - I think he was posting a picture of the seat he wants, not the seat he has.

Bill, check with Jeff at Penn Dutch Restoration, the shop that did the restoration work on your car. The seat that was in it or the parts car (if either had one) might be around somewhere.

I can check with the boy's at A&A if you can't locate one locally. could bring it out to Flint, the mid winter PCS exchange parts meet. if you have anyway of getting it home from there.

To clarify for the readers, if I remember correctly, Bill's car currently has modern seats - I think he was posting a picture of the seat he wants, not the seat he has.

Bill, check with Jeff at Penn Dutch Restoration, the shop that did the restoration work on your car. The seat that was in it or the parts car (if either had one) might be around somewhere.

Talked with Jeff previously and he said that he trashed the parts car about 5 months ago, that there was nothing worth salvaging.

Ask around and see what you can find. I will probably have to redo the foam padding and covering anyhow, but would be nice to find one in good condition.

I will also be checking locally. Will let you know if I find one.

The rails are gone on mine, replaced with the modern seat hardware, so I would need everything.

Am I correct in looking for a 1957-1958 Series 62 coupe seat? Any ideas if anything else would fit? My 56 Coupe DeVille has no armrest in the front seat., and it looks like the same seat as the 58s have as far as size and shape.

generally any of the big cars used the same seat. they would do the padding , the pattern of the material and trim different, but use the same seat and tracks. the key would be if the floors were the same. for the tracks to fitting your floor I'm sure they will have to be 57-58 the seat may be the same as a 55-56 and all you would need out of a 57-58 would be the tracks. same for the next set of years up. if you want I can get you the measurements of this one here, then you have a Ida what to look for.

A friend has a Cadillac Series 62 coupe that he is upgrading to Coupe DeVille seats. Wants to sell me his original non-armrest front seat.

The Coupe DeVille has an armrest, the plain Coupe does not. I am waiting for pictures of the coupe seat, but I think it will work. Will post some pics when I get some, but I think this may be it.

He also has the tracks.

Back