Want to start your own ambulance company?

Ambulance service bankrupt

Sad to see anyone go out of business. I'm wondering what caused them to fold. Was it poor management, Union troubles,and/or slow and or low reimbursement rates from Medicaid,Medicare,private insurance, or the fact that about 30% of the 911 calls end up as bad debt.
Lots of factors in play here. many of which were the reason why my partners and I sold our companies over 25 years ago. The writing was on the wall.

My hat is off to anyone who can successfully run a privately owned ambulance service in this day and age. In the old days,we did not make a lot of money, but we made a living. We treated our employees with respect, and we took good care of our patients.
I hope that all the employees of this company were picked up by other services, and are not on unemployment. :blahblah: :(

Everything is being sold in lots. Bags and equipment in lots of 20. Even the ambulances. My boss went to the first auction in Brooklyn, said the ambulances were being sold in lots of three. Buy all three for one bid. He bought 9 for $63,000, not a bad deal, assuming you need 9. Alas, none for me, they are replacing the fleet at our "sister" company in Philly.

Back