How I Spent My Weekend

that works will we use it a lot . but you would be surprised how one of these with a little soap and water and a scotch pad would buff right out. as long as there is enough paint you will find it's laying on the surface.

The best way to remove rust, is with a product called "Iron Out". Add that to the water, and it will remove the most stubborn rust stains. Once cleaned a pillow case that was badly stained with rust from being left in the linen cabinet of an ambulance that had a major roof leak. After going through the washing machine with Iron Out in the water, the rust stains disappeared. Unlike chlorine bleach, it doesn't damage the fabric.

Who, but Paul Steinberg, would ever put that much effort into cleaning an old pillow case!! Lol!

I am really surprised that you would actually admit to doing that Paul!

Well I Made the Call

I am weak. I could not resist, I called the guy who bought the cars and inquired about buying one of them. He told me they are going to auctioned on Purple Wave.com and will let me know when they are posted. I can't resist a car that needs cleaned up. :beatdeadhorse5:

Who, but Paul Steinberg, would ever put that much effort into cleaning an old pillow case!! Lol!

I am really surprised that you would actually admit to doing that Paul!

Pillow cases?? They are a quarter at garage sales! Don't get me wrong, I am only "ribbing" Paul.

I love him like my Great Grandfather!

You tell me, son, was it worth the effort? Would you have done the same to save a small piece of history? :) Now, if I could only find the matching sheet.

Attachments

• MVC-001L.JPG
    MVC-001L.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 133
  • MVC-010L.JPG
    MVC-010L.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 137
  • MVC-011L.JPG
    MVC-011L.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 122
  • MVC-012L.JPG
    MVC-012L.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 121
Very cool Paul!

I would have done the same! I guess I have put more effort into less deserving projects.

I have been looking for many years for hospital branded sheets to use in my ambulances, and to date, I have not found even one. Actually, I did find one in a local hospital, while I was having an x-ray done. I asked the nurse if I could have it, and I got a stern NO!!, along with a few comments about stealing from the hospital. I tried to explain why I wanted it, and I offered to give her another hospital sheet in exchange. The answer was still NO! The other nurse that was there, said that she would have given it to me without a thought, since no one would have cared. I guess that it was just my day to meet up with Nurse Ratched! (One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest 1975)

mine all say VA. funny thing is half the people we picked up when I was working ambulance were sleeping on the same sheets. ;)

Is that the same VA that is presently giving you the run around? When I was a kid in the early 1950's, a neighbor had the same problem with the VA. Here it is over 65 years later, and nothing has changed. Talk about systemic malfunctioning incompetent bureaucrats!

Back