Radio delete plate for 76 Cadillac

In search of a wood grain radio delete plate for a 75 or 76 Cadillac. anyone have one their willing to part with or know where I might find one? thank you!
Joel

My '75 Superior 54" has a radio delete plate and I will probably be adding a factory radio as I am swapping out the front clip with a right fender that has a power antenna. If you are not in a huge hurry to get it, I will give you first shot at it when I take it off in the Spring.

Just goes to show you all the squads here in the east had money so they got radios with their rigs Wellsboro even had tape radios many others had stereos. Guess in the west they were more frugal. Where did yours come from?

Mine was built to be exported to the Uganda government in Africa. It was never paid for, so never shipped. It then spent all of its working career in Decatur, IL.

The 1965 Superior-Cadillac Crown Soverign Combo I bought in the early 80's from a Retired Oklahoma Funeral Home Director had Front & Rear 8 Tracks that were custom molded in.... looked like factory add-on.... but probably not? MM

Remember 1941 1942 Henney Packards had the "Chapel On Wheels" a built in phonograph system where music to the taste of the family could be played at graveside from the hearse. Truly innovative in the time never came back after WWll.

I'm still looking for the elusive radio delete panel for the 71-72 98 olds. some enterprising person decided to add the radio to my car and instead of getting it and the panel they hacked a hole in the delete one. so now not only is the radio mounted in a panel not designed for it, it's not hooked up either. they left off the wiring with the delete and the speaker mount. so all I have is a flopping radio. if I don't find the panel I may do like the US government did on the other 72 and mount the siren in a hole there. the 73 S&S, 71 superior, 68 MM , 70 suburban, 53 poncho and both 72 CB s have the radio delete. the only hearse I have had with a radio was the 75 cb it had a 8 track player. both of the limos have the basic cheap am/fm in them. if you don't spend a lot of time in the car why add the expense.

The '76 Cadillac hearse I had did have a radio but not sure if it was ever hooked up.
It had a power antenna in the right fender with a switch on the dash for it too that never moved.

The radio or the antenna never worked but they were there.

No other hearse I have owned had a radio. All came with block off plates.
Years 60, 62, 68, 73.

Darren

Back