spent the day hainging curtains

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we the time has come to get the stoner painted we want it done by th etime the snow flies. here we are in the fall patter all ready cool night worm days and dry. then a day of wet and back to it. this morning when we took our walk it was 41F and when I can in from my project it was 87f.

we found it necessary to paint he inside of the rear three doors and has a little trouble with the center one. but first off let me explain that Dupont has seen fit to discontinue the paint that has been my staple the past 30 years. so I can't get it any more Paul's 69 was the last I could get.

so we only had about half what we need to do this inside. but I had some Omaha orange and some ford red. so we mixed the first layer. so we are short to start out with. then for what ever reason the center door came up with contamination on it. it fish eyed bad.

now I'm to short of paint to wash it off and start over. what to do. on trick is to load it have with the eliminator as see if it would flood out. no luck but now we have a lot of paint on it. so it thin it down with a slow thinner and layer it one till, we you see what happens. we'll cut if off the floor tomorrow and see if it worked.

Attachments

• IMG_3726a.jpg
    IMG_3726a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_3727a.jpg
    IMG_3727a.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 288
The only cure for fish eyes is to wash off the paint, and start over. No sense in wasting the rest of the paint trying to save what is already a loss...
I did find a place in New York that still has some of the old Dupont paint left....... or at least he did 6 months ago..

can never remember

ED,
I can never remember. Is that stalagmites or stalactites on that door?
We have an old paint shop here in town. I could check to see if they have any of your Dupont paint left.
Let me know what to ask for.
Mike

it's stalagmites the hang down for above. we are using the polyurethane on the out side so we have the paint for that. just wanted to use up some of my old stock before it sets up. but I did not show you guys all the tricks. the door looks fairly good this morning. but like sausage one should never see what happens in the paint booth.

like I said two ways to do it bull your way threw and see or wash it off and start new. now you knew I saved just enough so that if this trick did not work I can smooth it up and spray a shine coat back on. just enough. but not enough to wash off and start new.

you can still get the cheap line up in enamel from Dupont. but it's only good enough to jam with

Attachments

• IMG_3730.JPG
    IMG_3730.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 223
I think...

It all looks like great work from a magician to me. I like to see it and even if I do not understand it all, I learn something every time I read your posts !!!

Dave:applause:

thanks but it's more like fumbling your way threw. you can try things on you own rig you would not do on a customer. just to see if you can. worse case is I get to strip it off and run down town and get another quart of paint. the door was marked up so much from going in and out we may just glue on a piece of rubber same as the floor in the insert. in that case its good enough as it is. if not we will need a little more work on it.

ED,
I can never remember. Is that stalagmites or stalactites on that door?
We have an old paint shop here in town. I could check to see if they have any of your Dupont paint left.
Let me know what to ask for.
Mike

The trick they told us in school was stalagmites "might reach the top" while stalactites "hang tight from the ceiling"

Ed, you are a pro. If I saw this happening when I was painting I would be cussing and panicking trying to figure what to do next.

Back