1984 Buick S&S Emblem Question

NJ Dorsey

Can anyone tell me if this S&S emblem (about the size of a 50 cent piece)

belongs on this dash panel of this 84 Buick S&S (lower right corner)?

Sure cause your model Buick came Standard with rear window defrost/defog so when made a hearse no wires in the window. What to do? "I know we will remove the switch and put an emblem to cover the hole no one will ever know". Manufacturing ingenuity !!!

Thanks! Also, any idea what this doo-hickey is? I found it in the glovebox... it looks like the lid off a flask?

I would concur that it is the lid off of a flask. The F.D. finished it off and threw the flask out the window!

doo-hickey

Thanks! Also, any idea what this doo-hickey is? I found it in the glovebox... it looks like the lid off a flask?

Fits into the end of a big box that sits on this.

Attachments

• DSC06069.jpg
    DSC06069.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 126
Thanks, Daniel. That's probably not something I ever would have figured out- having never worked in the industry and not being around too many caskets =)

Love the color on that M-M btw.

doo-hickey

Some Pics. Has 2 in the end . I assume one is a vent ? That is used before it is reopened and the other has this information on it.

Attachments

• DSC02633.jpg
    DSC02633.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC02634.jpg
    DSC02634.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC02635.jpg
    DSC02635.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC02636.jpg
    DSC02636.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC02637.jpg
    DSC02637.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 57
Some Pics. Has 2 in the end . I assume one is a vent ? That is used before it is reopened and the other has this information on it.

Never seen a "vent", but one could be where the casket key is inserted to lock the casket, the other you pretty much showed that in yout picture.

doo-hickey

Never seen a "vent", but one could be where the casket key is inserted to lock the casket, the other you pretty much showed that in yout picture.

John you are correct ,That is what the second plug is for .Brain fart :eek: when I wrote that .Casket key goes in and turns the lock rod. Thanks

Back