Size difference of '71-'76 M-M landau panels?

John Burchfield

PCS Life Member
I had a call from Gordy Thursday that the '75 M-M is nearly complete! One of the remaining glitches is that he discovered after painting the landau panels from the '72 parts car that they are about an inch too short! I think he means in height. I won't be back to pick up the car until Saturday, but I wonder if anyone knows when M-M apparently changed the size of side windows? I suspect it was 1974 with the other significant changes (bumpers, seat belt interlocks, etc). Neither of us thought to try putting the parts car panels in place on the '75. So, I'll be looking to hopefully make a trade of my '72 beautifully prepped and painted panels for some newer ones that will fit the '75.

Just did some research on this and according to the 1979 M-M parts manual the rear quarter glass is the same for 1971 to 1973. Then it changed with new part numbers for 1974 to 1976. I couldn't find any mention of the Landau panels in my parts books though but the glass info should answer your question though. Carl @ CW has stacks of the M-M Landau panels in his parts dept for various years though.

Back