You have owned it for how long !?!?!

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
Just wondering who has owned a procar (or any vintage car) the longest on this site.

The longest continued ownership of the same car will win a prize !

List the car you bought, including when you bought it (year) and we will see who has owned their car the longest.

The winner (longest continued owner) will get a prize in Flint at the Micro-Meet.
If they are not in attendance, they will get it in the mail right after the meet in February.

I will start with my first car I ever bought and still own.
A 1963 Corvette Convertible - 1988

My brother bought this car in 1978 and I bought it off him after making monthly payments until I paid in full. Summer of 1988.

I didn't buy my first hearse until 1992 and do not own it any longer anyway.

Post your car, year/month of purchase and try to win a prize !!!

Looking forward to presenting the prize on February 24th 2012 !
Darren

length of ownership

Our list would include:
1969 Camaro convertible ordered new and delivered in April of 1969. 43 years.
1961 M-M Cadillac combo owned since June 1998. This coach has been in the family since 1973.
Thanks Darren for this thread.
Mike

man i have a handfull i have had for many years but i have been beat already on the time. the one i have owned the longest and has never left is my 1970 rallye 350. i have owned it since 1989. But i would like it to have a new home and am trying to sell it now.

I bought my 1962 VW powered fiberglass dunebuggy the summer between my Junior and Senior year in high school, so that would be the summer of 1999 and I still own it. It's street legal and I also have a set of paddle tires for running it on the sand dunes. I have had a ton of fun with it and still do. It's won a few trophies at the carshows that I have taken it to over the years too. And it's also Richard's favorite color too, orange! :1062:

My other classic car that I own is a 1953 Ford Customline 4 door sedan that has been in my family since brand new. My uncle gave it to me in the spring of 2005 and I pulled it out of his woods after it had sat out there since the early 1970's. It has a flathead V-8 and three speed manual trans. I filled all eight cylinders with PB blaster penetrating oil and put the spark plugs back in and let it sit two weeks before I gave it a tug to break the engine loose. I was lucky enough to get it freed up and running without having to tear the engine apart. It runs like a top. When I brought it home and first got it running it had 78,000 miles on it, I have put nearly 10,000 miles on it since I got it running. I repaired the brakes and mechanical systems to make it road worthy, but haven't done anything with the body. I do hope to restore it someday, but it will be awhile before I can do that.

Mycars1.jpg

100_2854.jpg

Although not a pro-car, this is the car that I have owned the longest. It is a 1984 Buick Grand National (the first year they were made), and is one of 100 with factory power moon roof. Only 2,000 cars were produced in 1984.

I bought it in December of 1992, so I have had it for 19 years. It now has 115,000 miles on it and is lucky if it gets driven 300 miles a year these days. Car is all stock, except for rebuilt and enlarged turbo charger and high flow fuel pump.

Attachments

• 286.jpg
    286.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 632
Dad bought our '48 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe in 1978, and we still have it. I have owned my '63 Studebaker Cruiser since just before I went to college in 1981.

Of the professional cars we currently own, the one we've had longest is the '57 DeSoto wagon, which I picked up in 1984. We bought the '60 Flxible Buick in '87.

heres mine

1971 Lincoln Mark III bought in Jan 1989; 1986 Lincoln Hearse bought in April 03; 1965 Cadillac Coupe de Ville bought new by my grandparents in 1965, sold to my dad in 1988 and passed on to me in June 2011

Not gonna win anything but here are mine.

1973 Miller-Meteor Classic Duplex, June 2001.

1977 Miller-Meteor Landau Traditional, June 2003, and I'm the second owner.

The two 73 Parts cars I can't remember but one has been around since about the 2006/07 time frame.

I haven't keeps any long enough to ever mention here the longest keep car was the 67 olds convertible I got it in 1979 sold it in 2010. but if we start a thread of number of cars owned now then I would have a good shot at placing.

I haven't keeps any long enough to ever mention here the longest keep car was the 67 olds convertible I got it in 1979 sold it in 2010. but if we start a thread of number of cars owned now then I would have a good shot at placing.
Same here, I've owned a bunch over the years.

I got my 71 Superior in October of 2001, but there is a laps of ownership from January to October of I beleave it was 06 or 07 when I sold it to Kent Martinson, and begged and cried until he sold it back to me. I'll never sell it again though, so ask me again in 30 or 40 years.

Josh

Not the record holder,but in the neighborhood.Bought it new July 7,1972.Still going strong after several engines,repaints,tops,a couple of interiors and 292K miles:toocool:

Attachments

• Digitalcam 292.jpg
    Digitalcam 292.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 235
Same here, I've owned a bunch over the years.

I got my 71 Superior in October of 2001, but there is a laps of ownership from January to October of I beleave it was 06 or 07 when I sold it to Kent Martinson, and begged and cried until he sold it back to me. I'll never sell it again though, so ask me again in 30 or 40 years.

Josh

My how time flies. Hey Josh, want to sell the 71'? :poster_oops::yum:

Is there a 2nd place here? I have owned the 1955 Studebaker Ambulet that you are all familiar with since June of 1971, the month I graduated from High School.

Wow... some of you have had cars for a long time !

Any others want to add your cars to the list.
Winner or not, it is great to see and read about everyones cars.

Only a few weeks until the prize is given out in Flint !

Darren

Although not a pro-car, this is the car that I have owned the longest. It is a 1984 Buick Grand National (the first year they were made), and is one of 100 with factory power moon roof. Only 2,000 cars were produced in 1984.

I bought it in December of 1992, so I have had it for 19 years. It now has 115,000 miles on it and is lucky if it gets driven 300 miles a year these days. Car is all stock, except for rebuilt and enlarged turbo charger and high flow fuel pump.

That is a beautiful Grand National Shawn!

Abe

Back