Sad Pro-Cars

Caution, this might make some ambulance lovers sick.

From the Renstrom collection. This one realy hurts. Not only is it a ruined ambulance, but someone could have atleast used it for a parts car.:puking:

Josh

Attachments

• superior monser truck.jpg
    superior monser truck.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,641
5082116321_df6a799664_b.jpg

1970 Hearse/ambulance/combo made into a parade vehicle. Don't remember much about this one. Photo taken at the 2006 Frankenmuth Autofest in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Can anyone identify the coachbulider? Ambulance rear bumper + step?

someone on the nhaa owns that she got a limo to match it i dont know why when she cut the hearse but who knows

A good idea is to upload them once to a public place like imageshack.us or photobucket or flickr then you can post them to any forum and have a safe back up in case the worst ever happens to the original. It might be time well spent in the long run seeing as pictures can age but the digital copy will be forever young hehe.

Still the problem is 15 mins each pic x a couple thousand pix = close to forever. And this is just counting the pix I personally took.

remember a promise made is a debt unpaid. as the poem goes. one more of the why they do that bunch. this one is off e-bay was for sale in north Dakota if I remember right.

Attachments

• 1947 S&S 2.jpg
    1947 S&S 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,547
A Criterion thrown away

This one makes me sick. This is the same car as my avatar photo. I found it like this in 1990 after it had been thrown out behind a mechanic's shop due to unpiad repair bills. The car's owner, a fella who was losing his ambulance service (not Murphy) had come back and stripped a bunch of equipment. I tried to buy the car at this point in time, but the title situation was a mess and the repair lien was large. The car was plenty rusty, but worth saving. Not long after I took this photo, the ambulance service owner (loser, was more like it) returned and stripped the rest of the equipment. I last saw this car in 1994 and it looked 10 times worse. If it hasn't been crushed yet, there can't be anything left of it now.

Attachments

• 76_criterion 001.jpg
    76_criterion 001.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,510
Here's a sad one that I saw at CW Coach a couple of years ago.

Was still there back during the M-M book signing in the late spring too. I got prolly one of the only few remaining good peices off of it on a trip up to Carl's a couple years back, the Henney name plate from the rear door sill that now sits on my bookcase in my den.

Another M-M that bit the dust

I photographed this very tired and rusty '77 M-M landau 3-way in Sterling, IL in 2003. Looks like she was probably a stunning car in her day, with this unique paint scheme.

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,747
From what I remember about this car a few years ago, it was a Craigslist offering. The seller sent me some pictures, and I was hoping to get some parts off the car. The only note that I have is the name Kelley attached to the file. In the end, I think it went to Pro Car heaven, with all its parts.

Attachments

• ambulance 001.jpg
    ambulance 001.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,533
  • ambulance 004.jpg
    ambulance 004.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,543
  • ambulance 003.jpg
    ambulance 003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,494
  • ambulance 011.jpg
    ambulance 011.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,539
Here is a Pontiac that someone sent me some pictures of at one time that they wanted to sell. Don't remember much about these either...

Attachments

• m-bulance (2).jpg
    m-bulance (2).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,544
  • m-bulance (9).jpg
    m-bulance (9).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,531
  • m-bulance (18).jpg
    m-bulance (18).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,539
  • m-bulance (22).jpg
    m-bulance (22).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,499
  • m-bulance (29).jpg
    m-bulance (29).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,530
Criterion alert!

Appanoose County A.S. (Centerville, IA; private outfit)

This down-and-out '72 Lifeliner was photographed in 1994 just outside of Centerville, which is the the Appanoose County seat. Centerville is famous for its unique courthouse square, which is two blocks long on each side.

Here's a '74 Criterion (looks like an ex-Capital City rig) that was on the same property as the '72. That's my 1994 National/Chevrolet 4x4 Type I demonstrator in the background...new at the time!

(SL photos)

Attachments

• Appanoose rigs_001.jpg
    Appanoose rigs_001.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,469
Back