Oil and filters whats the best ?

If the NAPA man is a friend of yours and you have brought food to the store for him like we have, you get better deals. Last time our NAPA man had Empanada's before Dawn made them for ourselves and him, was when his mother made them for him back in Texas.

Oil Filters

Just cut open a Fram filter and any Wix manufactured filter(including Napa Gold or Silver, Carquest, and others) and you will never even consider a Fram filter again. I worked as a Manufacturer's Rep for the Wix Filtration Products Division of what was then Dana Corporation(now gone) calling on Napa Auto Parts stores in a previous career. Not sure who owns Wix these days. Wix Filters are among the very best. Fram, among the very worst. Wix private labels all NAPA and Carquest brand filters.
Kurt

Experience pays!!

.....The guys in that store were all middle aged or older and seemed to know their stuff.

I resemble that remark!! :clap:

If you can deal with the older guys at any auto parts store [dealership or chain or even individual] so much the better, because their knowledge and experience is worth more in weight than gold, for the most part; I should know because I used to be one of them! Not to knock the younger ones, they just don't have the experience yet that the older guys have...

20+ years in dealership automotive parts only. You name the make and I probably did it!! :3some:

Any of the filters manufactured by Wix Filtration Products are among the best on the market. Those include NAPA Gold/Silver and Carquest. I was a District Sales Manager for the NAPA Filters division of Wix Filtration Products for several years. I have seen every filter on the market cut open and tested in Wix' labs. Wix, or any of the private labeled Wix filters, are the only filters that I will buy. All of the WIX filters are manufactured in Gastonia, North Carolina, which is another reason to buy them!!

All of the WIX filters are manufactured in Gastonia, North Carolina, which is another reason to buy them!!

I use a lot of oil filters for work, doing service work on emergency generators, and have always used Wix filters, and am very happy with the quality, but I will say, that disappointingly, over the last several years, I have started seeing certain Wix filters that now are stamped "Made in Mexico."

I resemble that remark!! :clap:

If you can deal with the older guys at any auto parts store [dealership or chain or even individual] so much the better, because their knowledge and experience is worth more in weight than gold, for the most part; I should know because I used to be one of them! Not to knock the younger ones, they just don't have the experience yet that the older guys have...

20+ years in dealership automotive parts only. You name the make and I probably did it!! :3some:

Absolutely, Don! I always try to go to the oldest looking guy in the parts store! That NAPA store, like many of them, was in an old building with experienced looking guys behind the counter. To me that gives the sense of people who know what's going on and a good stock of parts. NAPA must have a different model for their stores, thank goodness, than the cloned appearance of the newer chains. That being said I've been able to find some parts for my old cars at places like Advance and Auto Zone at decent prices. It pays to shop around, but it's usually us middle aged and older folks who know what a commercial chassis is :agree: .

Back