Caddy Commerical Chassis factory pics?

The commercial chassis in 1969 was delivered to the Miller Meteor factory, with all the dash, heat & air conditioning parts, in a box. The cowl was shipped to them separately by truck, and stored in a building on the premises, but not in the manufacturing facility. When Tom McPherson introduced the Miller Meteor book at a program at the Piqua library, there were a number of former Miller Meteor employees there, and I learned a lot about how the cars were built. It would be great to have another Miller Meteor reunion in Piqua, however, I would have to wonder how many of these employees are still alive today, considering that many were older the last time a reunion was held.

Would enjoy going to a Miller/Meteor reunion! A Memorial Mass for Tom Caserta at his Church followed by a gathering of family, friends and former employees SHOULD be a MUST!

Kent, I know what you mean and I hate to confuse you, but some were.

Oh I know. But most Packards and the vast majority of 40s-70s Cadillac ambulances and Hearses are based on the commercial chassis. I think most car enthusiasts would be shocked to see photos of commercial chassis as delivered.

the only two CC offered were Packard and Cadillac all the other big builders were off from incomplete cars. then smaller players use standard cars a few convertibles. and built there own panels. the standard miss conception is they were station wagon based. one of the magazines devoted to the Flexible co has pictures of Bucks arriving. they looked the same as these Caddy pictures. cowl forward is all that was delivered.

Windshield

Unfortunately, Pilkington sent me a message today that they no longer carry the windshield for our car. He said to try a company called Accubuilt @ 888-324-789#. I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Just got off the phone with Kurt at Pilkington Classic at the 800-848-1351#in stock @370.00+150 crate fee. I would suggest talking to him on this. This is for the DW 678 which fits 65-70.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Kurt at Pilkington Classic at the 800-848-1351#in stock @370.00+150 crate fee. I would suggest talking to him on this. This is for the DW 678 which fits 65-70.

Ok thanks I'll call him. I emailed back the other person and this was his reaponse...
Not for that vehicle. We have some for the 1969 not the 1970. Two different vehicles.

Ok thanks I'll call him. I emailed back the other person and this was his reaponse...
Not for that vehicle. We have some for the 1969 not the 1970. Two different vehicles.

You are free to take the word of someone that doesn't know the difference between a Cadillac and a cattle truck if you like, or you can take your advise from the knowledgeable people on these forums that are trying to help you. If someone on these forums were to give you bad advise, you can be sure that someone else will correct that almost immediately. The members of this website are the most knowledgeable people that you will ever find when it comes to commercial chassis cars.

I have to say....all of you on this site are amazing! Just spoke with Kurt and already placed the order! The other person I dealt with replied back in an email that he'll find out Monday if he can still get them.

I have to say....all of you on this site are amazing! Just spoke with Kurt and already placed the order! The other person I dealt with replied back in an email that he'll find out Monday if he can still get them.

If you had gone to a local glass company that deals with Pilkington, they could have had it shipped into the local warehouse for free, and you would be saving the $150 crating fee. Also, if you have the local glass company purchase it and install it, they will guarantee the glass for breakage during installation. If you supply the glass, if it breaks while they are installing it, you are out the cost of the glass. That is how it works in the glass industry. I know that you are impatient, but if you had waited one more day, you would have gotten this information. I naturally assumed that you would be dealing with a local glass company for procurement and installation. If you spend some time tomorrow calling around to find a glass company that deals with Pilkington, possibly you can stop the order on Monday morning.

If you had gone to a local glass company that deals with Pilkington, they could have had it shipped into the local warehouse for free, and you would be saving the $150 crating fee. Also, if you have the local glass company purchase it and install it, they will guarantee the glass for breakage during installation. If you supply the glass, if it breaks while they are installing it, you are out the cost of the glass. That is how it works in the glass industry. I know that you are impatient, but if you had waited one more day, you would have gotten this information. I naturally assumed that you would be dealing with a local glass company for procurement and installation. If you spend some time tomorrow calling around to find a glass company that deals with Pilkington, possibly you can stop the order on Monday morning.

All of the local shops insisted it was a regular caddy windshield. I'll just have someone put it in. I'm sure it'll work out.

I'm trying to figure out if this mess of wires..some not even connected are from superior or caddy. I've been trying to figure them out. But what we need working right now already is even with these not connected. They all come out under the drivers side dash panel.

Attachments

• 20180310_075418.jpg
    20180310_075418.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 20180310_075415.jpg
    20180310_075415.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 105
Wiring

I have most of the Superior parts manuals from the 50,s to the 70,s. To large to post , if anyone wants a particular year send me a usb drive I can copy it to.
This is from the 70 parts manual.

Attachments

• 70-1.jpg
    70-1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 70-2.jpg
    70-2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 99
Superiors wiring is a test light and trace. All the manuals in the world don't help much. All wired with the same colores wire splices everywhere. What helps is a small 12 volt charger and a test light. Put the hot lead on the wire your wondering about, ground the other lead to the body and trace it with the test light.if you let the smoke out of the wire you can find the short. But you will have to get new wire because you can't put the smoke back in.

Back