1978 Lincoln stretch limo

I'd be willing to bet that conversion was by Moloney. I'd also be willing to bet that the bar is original and just looks tatty thanks to the passage of time and lack of care. The craftsmanship that went into building it looks far better than any of the homemade bars I've seen, and the radio and the clock that are in it look like standard Lincoln items from the era. The wheelcovers are correct for that era Towncar and are not the cheapie covers. The cheapie covers look like little more than basic disks with a Lincoln emblem stuck in the middle. The turbine-style wheels that everyone associates with Lincoln nowadays were seen on the Mark-series cars and on special editions of the Towncar back in the day. Its just that in the years since these cars were new, people have put the turbine wheels on so many Lincolns that people have now come to expect them to be the standard, but they are not. The covers on this car are factory correct.

I'd be willing to bet that conversion was by Moloney. I'd also be willing to bet that the bar is original and just looks tatty thanks to the passage of time and lack of care. The craftsmanship that went into building it looks far better than any of the homemade bars I've seen, and the radio and the clock that are in it look like standard Lincoln items from the era. The wheelcovers are correct for that era Towncar and are not the cheapie covers. The cheapie covers look like little more than basic disks with a Lincoln emblem stuck in the middle. The turbine-style wheels that everyone associates with Lincoln nowadays were seen on the Mark-series cars and on special editions of the Towncar back in the day. Its just that in the years since these cars were new, people have put the turbine wheels on so many Lincolns that people have now come to expect them to be the standard, but they are not. The covers on this car are factory correct.

If not a Moloney, maybe Eagle Coach conversion they both did many of these

My post misunderstood by cheapie wheel covers I ment base original covers. I have had many Lincolns of this era most of the upscale ones had the turbine wheels. We scrapped about four of them last summer including by accident a convertible coupe rusty but savable. They all had turbine wheels.(Always watch the crusher operator they are clueless). You say that was a rare car, crusher operator "Yes I know I am the one who makes them rare". Normally I haul all my own scrap due to illness and renting part of the yard I allowed the crusher in NEVER AGAIN. Anyway I still vote for the bar being a substandard ad on. Any one have any pictures to prove or disprove this theory. Also in this era Ford made them with both the 400 and 460 motors.

Back