What paint code would you say?

Trying to get a close match to this green for my paint shop. I prefer the Pontiac, but think the Cadillac is close and may be the same.

The web says Julep Green WA4273.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?gmcode=WA4273

What do you think?

(Of course I think it would be much easier if Acadian Ambulance would just slip me in line during their next green spray run...and yes I will drop that hint again!)

And yes, Unit 6 is still running the streets here in Lafayette but as a modular.

Attachments

• 4 Beacon Pontiac Acadian.jpg
    4 Beacon Pontiac Acadian.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 217
  • user220_pic294_1257779681.jpg
    user220_pic294_1257779681.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 226
superiors were kind of hard but it's been my experance you need to back up a few years. they were not on the front edge with there paint.

Ed

Will do, great tip!

So far I have scratched through perhaps a blue color, red color and a green color. The placard only shows cotillion white on the top, nothing on the bottom.

I am friends with the VP of the fleet at Acadian, but he tells me they didn't keep records on their units. The pictures I posted are pretty much the only ones I can find.

I look earlier...

You may wish to check out a code 39 Kingswood Green. I see a sample of it in the small, ring-bound, 1975-1976 Superior color selector I have here. There is another darkish green - code 93 Greenbtiar Green - that was an extra-cost Firemist color but, the Kingswood Green may be closer to what you are seeking - it's really dark. Please be aware, that Superior, like most coachbuilders, would paint a car any color the customer desired. For special colors, the buyer had to give the company the name of the color, year and make identification. For example: Azure Blue, 1957 Lincoln.

if they were honest with you unless they had a fleet color most of theirs were off a shade one way or the other. all it takes is a Different paint supplier to change the shade of a color. matching it off a pictures is only getting it in the ball park. names mean nothing. the same color can have 10 different names or the same name can be 10 different colors. cotting white can be either refrigerator white or all most a cream depending on the year you pick. same paint code also it's GM #11. you best bet for any kind of match is to take a sample to the paint shop and look threw the fleet colors. you know you want dark green do you know if it's metallic or not? grab that set of colors and flip threw the shades till you find the one you like. they will go from blue to yellow in the greens. but like everything else unless you have a sample to match it with pick the shade you want then back up two. as it will always come out darker then you think

Like Keith, I went for my Superior paint sample booklets. I was thinking perhaps #36 Ivanhoe Green (1968). The photo shows it to take on a blue'ish color in the direct sunlight, but in reality, the sample looks pretty close to what you have there. You certainly don't have #49 Sylvan Green, shown for 1971. That is more of a Fern color.

As Keith pointed out, the sky was the limit for custom colors and they seemed to accomodate a lot of requests for them back then.

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 144
It looks similar to the green on our 1972 MM. The data plate from MM lists the color as Brewster Green. There are some photos in my album titled work in progress.

Back