68 turn signal indicator

I have a friend with a 68 MM hearse. Her turn indicator on the driver fender does not blink. How do you change out the bulb? Does she have to remove the headlight assembly and get to it from there?

if there the same as the 66 you pry it up from the rear. it has a spring clip on the back. the bulb is bolted in the housing with a screw and jam nut. be sure and add the grease to the socket. that will help keep corrosion down and make things last longer. use a plastic stick to save to paint or wrap the blade in tape

Attachments

• IMG_1114 s pry it up and you can get to the bulb.jpg
    IMG_1114 s pry it up and you can get to the bulb.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 206
As usual, Ed comes through. I tell you people, "Ed is a God" when it comes to this stuff. Coming to your town the latest string of auto paint and body shops, "ED's Drive-Through Paint and Body Works".

His motto is:

"Stay in your car, enjoy a beer, and leave the painting to us". Quality of paint depends on how fast you drive through. :yum: not responsible for runs and thin areas.

Bulb

as the 66

68 is Similar , but not the same. There is a stud that holds it down. Once you remove the nut and pull up the asy then remove the one screw and the len,s come,s off you then change the bulb. The easy way to get to the nut is pull the headlight bucket.

Attachments

• DSC06183.jpg
    DSC06183.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC06186.jpg
    DSC06186.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 172
it's live and learn on each and everyone is it not. you did notice my generic disclaimer. I think I'll keep that trick for future reference I may need it. so it take the headlight bucket out and remove the nut then take apart the light change the bulb. on a 68. I did not show how I did that on the 66 on the right side first. to find out you can take them out from the top. book, buy a book. then read it as some old grouch says.

I think I'll keep that trick for future reference I may need it.

Good idea everbody is a lawyer in this day and age. Here is a better pic.

Attachments

• DSC06188.jpg
    DSC06188.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 161
thanks did they have a couple of the them push on retainers on the rear posts sticking down there? that was usually GMs idea. that way you could feel moment and think you could pry it up. thus braking off the stud requiring you to go get a new one.

thanks did they have a couple of the them push on retainers on the rear posts sticking down there? that was usually GMs idea. that way you could feel moment and think you could pry it up. thus braking off the stud requiring you to go get a new one.

The tabs are just locater tabs. The shaped washer nut and hold it down.

Back