Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > For Sale - Professional Car and related items from other websites

For Sale - Professional Car and related items from other websites Informational posting of Professional Car and related items found on the Internet. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:57 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1968 Stoner-Chevrolet "Crash Wagon" Ambulance

Chatted with the gentleman a bit. Nice guy - very willing to consider any offer. I've attached a few photos he sent me, by my request. Passenger side interior components (where cot would attach - Stoner's are "backwards") is missing. Seller reports the passenger seat in the cab swivels around and he believed that was for patient care - but it appears a partition was present? More enlightened members can perhaps comment more.

Ed Renstrom/Ron Devies have certainly proved the Stoner interior can be put back together if desired. Engine has also been removed - seller states he removed a 305 engine, so not the original one anyhow.

Posted in Facebook Marketplace, located in San Marcos, TX (near San Antonio).

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5592613190511/

"Rare 3 door California Ambulance. Has Th400 Transmission. 3000obo. New brake booster. Missing parking brake. Motor has been removed due to loud nock"
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Website Member

Thanked 1,325 Times in 527 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was ready to lay into someone for calling this a "rare 3 door", until I saw the pictures. It actually is rare because it is a two door. I guess that is what you would call it, even though it has a total of four doors, or three "openings". Kinda neat actually.