today is the day

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
in my efforts to get this car back together we need to put the glass back in the front. it finally came in last week so today we fired it up ran down and put some gas into it and dropped it off downtown. When I get it back we can get the headliner in it. we did run it enough to know the factory gages work. so that forward progress anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_0286a.jpg
    IMG_0286a.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_0288a.jpg
    IMG_0288a.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0289a.jpg
    IMG_0289a.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 496
I drive around in mine looking just like that all the time here in California- I never get a second look from the Highway Patrol...

siren is a little tricky right now it's next to the 17 in the shed. but just to get it out and run it a little really helps keep it going. the ride home was a lot nicer. the heater dumps out at your feet. wish my 2014 truck did that. but it is slowly working out of hibernation. but I did find one more plug for the roof tucked up under the dash. someone dropped it during construction and it was riding on a rail all this time.

Attachments

• IMG_0296a.jpg
    IMG_0296a.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 417
Just wow Ed, May I borrow your hands and brain for a couple of weeks?? ;)

hands yes but any man that think this can be salvaged hasn't got much of a brain. here is out worse door. the go up from it. but as we have having a warm spell there calling for 70 tomorrow I want to get these cleaned up while I can do it outside. some of this was known when I took the car home but it had a lot of surprises from a prior quickie repair and repaint earlier in it life. you can see on the lower skin I cut off the bondo patch for the rust and ignore the rest. I cut the skin off so I could remove the bolts that were rusted in the hings. we'll weld the nuts back in the cage when we repair the frame. we had to do this on both center doors. but we did get them apart. first step.

Attachments

• IMG_0303a.jpg
    IMG_0303a.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0577a.jpg
    IMG_0577a.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_4556a.jpg
    IMG_4556a.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 334
Back