Detroit Dilemma

Which car do I take to Detroit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
I planned on taking my 1966 Pontiac Bonneville Superior combination to Detroit. Now that I found out Randolph Mantooth (Johnny Gage) is going to be there I am thinking maybe I should take the 1970 Chevy Suburban Stoner as a tribute to EMERGENCY. Your vote counts let me know

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2027.jpg
    IMG_2027.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2035 (1).jpg
    IMG_2035 (1).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 212
I'm voting you take that beautiful '64 sitting there. Then again, I might be a little biased!!!

Well the 64 (seen in the picture sporting a fresh coat of wax, new radiator and PS hose was eliminated early in the 472 4 barrel vs. 389 2 barrel on fuel economy and it still is leaking PS fluid from somewhere undetermined.

As for Peter's point, the burb does have working air and has taken on early lead in the polls.

The problem I have is I waxed the Bonneville for the meet now I am going to have to hustle to get the burb ready. It is a nice travelling car though. We took it to Gettysburg and were comfortable the whole way.

What I like about the pics above, they are both white with the same blue interiors both sporting red dome beacons just like a service fleet. The Pontiac has a 174 and the Cadillac has a 173.

Well the 64 ........ is leaking PS fluid from somewhere undetermined. ........

My 1969 was leaking power steering fluid from the box, and after getting and installing 2 "rebuilt" boxes, I decided to try a private company that rebuilds them. So far, I am into this box for about $900, with the in / out of the box 3 times, plus shipping, etc.. If you decide to have your box repaired, contact me for the name of the person that did mine. It is about $400 with shipping, plus whatever your mechanic charges you to R & R it. It takes about 2 hours to R & R plus bleeding.

I'm voting you take that beautiful '64 sitting there. Then again, I might be a little biased!!!

So the fire department was having a cruise in for a fund raiser tonight and I took the 64. All those guys know I collect these cars and really do not pay it much mind. But when I pulled in with that shiny white 64 and peaked the Q out, the Fire Chief, who is not overly personable said "Hey Ron park that up with our rigs!" It immediately drew a crowd and was a very big hit.

take the pon sell the stoner back to me. I can use a dependable rig here

Fat chance my friend! That car was in the TOP TEN at the Carnation Car Show last week. It is a joy to drive and ride in AND it is the only car I have with working air. Ya did good Ed :applause:

Will fat chance is better then no chance. It was a lot of fun doing that one. A joy to drive that one once i figured out how to gain a inch out of the divider so the seat back would drop into place. As the waiter said to the diner enjoy I did.

Back