Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > Real Life Ambulance Stories

Real Life Ambulance Stories Tell stories of your memorable ambulance calls here.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:22 AM
Website Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Miss Goody Two Shoes

One night last spring , me and my partner C were called to a well known local nightclub where all the single 20 and 30 some folks on their 40s go out and have a good time enjoying the dj music and finest of alcoholic drinks every Friday and Saturday night . A person had fallen down the steps and was injured . The patient was conscious and breathing with no life threatening hemmorrhage . PD and Fire Rescue were on scene and we were led to our patient by one of the nightclub' s security people . There she was , lying down on the steps laughing with her equally wasted lady friends standing around . I asked if I could help her and she bursted out with a shrill laugh that pierced the cool night air . Me and C were trying to keep it serious do we wouldn't end up laughing ourselves ! I asked her what happened and she said that her and her friends were leaving because they were invited to an after party " hee hee hee hee " , and she fell and landed on her face then rolled over onto her big butt " hee hee hee hee " ! She did have a laceration under her chin and an abrasion on her Lower left tibia with a closed fracture . She was also quite intoxicated and a pleasure to look at but her behavior was embarrassing ! As I did a detailed patient assessment to make sure the fire guy's assessment was correct and accurate to what me and my partner had found so far , I reassessed the injured leg . When I touched it , the young lady in her mid 20s let out a yell that could be heard in the nearby towns of Filer and Kimberly ! I told her that I was sorry and that we were going to put a vacuum splint on to relieve some of the pain and immobilize her broken leg , start an i.v. on her , Then put a bandage on the chin laceration and take her to the Emergency Room . She started to laugh again " Hee hee hee hee ha ha ha ! You sexy beast paramedics can take me anywhere cuz I' m in the mood , I'm in the mood , ha ha ! " Well , to make a long story short , Miss Goody Two Shoes was taken to the hospital and her friends got a ride to meet her there . We heard from one of the nurses there that our patients pleasant personality changed when they gave her medication for pain control of her broken tibia bone . Hee hee hee hee !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derrick Walden For This Useful Post:
Clay Sellick (08-20-2019), Wayne Krakowski (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 09:10 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,638 Posts

Have you medics ever noticed that there are 2 worlds out there,there is the day world and then there is the night world,different worlds different people in each,thats what makes the career oh so interesting,
Old 08-20-2019, 06:02 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Krakowski View Post
Have you medics ever noticed that there are 2 worlds out there,there is the day world and then there is the night world,different worlds different people in each,thats what makes the career oh so interesting,
Which is why Jim Page wrote the book “The Magic of 3 am”. He nailed the night.
1973 Miller Meteor Lifeliner Ambulance
Future ownership:
1971-1973 Wayne Sentinel Suburban Ambulance

Tags
3 am, drunks, ems humor, idaho, night shift, paramedics, real ambulance calls