Need help moving my ambulance

Kevin Kocur - Deceased 1962 - 2019

January 14, 1962 - August 13, 2019
Folks, my '67 M-M needs to be moved from its current location--stat!
I am of limited means financially. It's currently in Iowa (between Clear Lake and Mason City) and I would like to move in somewhere in Minnesota, but will consider just getting it moved. I don't have a lot of money to pay a big transport company. I'm working with a couple of guys with trucks/trailers that could do this, but nothing is 100% right now. Any and all leads are appreciated.
Hoping to get it moved this weekend. PM or email me if you have a suggestion.
-K

Folks, my '67 M-M needs to be moved from its current location--stat!
I am of limited means financially. It's currently in Iowa (between Clear Lake and Mason City) and I would like to move in somewhere in Minnesota, but will consider just getting it moved. I don't have a lot of money to pay a big transport company. I'm working with a couple of guys with trucks/trailers that could do this, but nothing is 100% right now. Any and all leads are appreciated.
Hoping to get it moved this weekend. PM or email me if you have a suggestion.
-K

Try John Royak in Iowa to see what he can do if anything....

Not two weeks ago I placed a free ad on uship.com to move a '58 Superior 960 miles to TX. (If you're unfamiliar, transport companies undercut each other until you accept a bid.) Knowing that it would take me $400 in gas and 3 days time, I started paying attention when the bids dropped below $700. In 4 days, the lowest bid was $520 - although I choose a different company @ $525 that promised to pick up within 5 days and deliver 5 days after that.

There is a $30 fee if end up using a shipper on the site that gets added to the bid, so you aren't making an additional payment to the site directly. I highly recommend giving it a shot. Add all the vehicle details, a picture, specify open or closed transport, and see what happens.

Full disclosure...

Truthfully folks, I am the reason that Kevin is in this very desperate situation. Oh yes, Royark put Kevin and this coach together a couple of years ago, but the current problem is this:
I helped Kevin out by allowing him to store the coach in a building on my acreage until he could get her closer to home. That was all fine and well until I sold the acreage and moved across the state to a place with no out buildings. The new owner of my old place has been very kind up til now but he would like to use the buildings that he bought for his own projects. He lost his sense of humor already and has suggested that he may apply for an abandoned vehicle title of something does not happen soon. My hands are tied and I can only tell you that Kevin could really use your help with finding a new place and transportation for his coach. I am pleading for anyone with the ability to help to call Kevin soon.

Would the vehicle fit into one of those storage rental units? I know that they are expensive for a long term storage solution, however, it might just be enough to give you a breather to find a place to put it. I know how difficult it is to store a car. I presently have a few scattered across the property that are parts cars. Keeping my "collector" cars under cover is even a logistic problem, with more cars and other "junk" than storage space to put it all.

Did he twist your arm into buying it??? :rolleyes:

All I did was show him an ambulance I knew about in town. He is the one that couldnt resist buying it. Dont forget Tony Karsnia is to blame too for actually talking him into it:D:D
You can read all about when Kevin aquired it titled A Miller-Meteor Rescue Mission, by Tony Karsnia, in issue #121 of The Professional Car.

Hope you can find a place for the car, Kevin!

So true...

I'll admit I'm not faultless in this, either. When it came down to saving Jennifer, John led Kevin to the cliff and I pushed him over (with some additional help from John, Dan, and the Hintz family.)

I've offered to let Kevin keep Jennifer on our property for awhile, but she'll have to stay in the economy outdoor section because all of the indoor suites are currently occupied. We just need to somehow get her from Latimer, Iowa to East Bethel, Minnesota.

thanks for the offer but the trailer is not mine and it's about 12 hr from me. but lets get real her. you got to move it. go rent a u-haul. even the two wheel dolly will work if you use your head. load the front end, take off the drive line. it's not the best. but I don't think they will have a car trailer big enough to haul it. it will take at lest a 20 ft one to get it on. I take it the car does not drive? if nothing else you can get the locale wrecker to move it for you. most of them have a impound yard that they can keep the car in for a fee. make a call and ask. that will get you out of the jam for right now. then getting the car up will be easier.

Fire!!!

FIRE FIRE FIRE !!!
I have been told that when you need help you should yell "Fire" because when you yell "Help" nobody responds. Well..."FIRE"
Kevin is dangerously close to losing his coach. If anyone can help him...NOW is the time.
I got a call today from the Franlkin County Sheriff's Department requesting Kevin's contact information so that a certified letter could be sent giving him just ten days to collect the car or a new title will be issued to the property owner who intends to send it to the crusher.
I gave the officer Kevin's cell phone number so that they could talk directly to each other and perhaps work out a stay of execution for "Jennifer".
I do not have the ability or the resources necessary to get the car moved by myself, but am willing to try anything legal to save this car for Kevin. Can anyone come up with an eleventh hour plan?

This situation is unequivocally ridiculous. :thumbsdown:

People don't plan to fail - they fail to plan.

Can't blame the new property owner one bit! Not doing everything to move her is hella disrespectful to him. Another month has passed since the initial posting, yet measly tow/outside storage fees haven't happened why..? Seems the property owner is the only one physically getting something done - and well within his right.

Bottom line? If 'Jennifer' was a priority, this ambulance would have been taken care of already. Horrible thought losing another vintage procar for whatever reason. Frankly, after a couple years time total, I don't see how anyone is deserving of keeping it.

Now get that thing moved! Take accountability. No more excuses.

Back