Dietz 7-11 Beacon Bulb......

James Fischer

PCS Member
Trying to find out the type/numbers of bulbs( I am assuming they are PAR 36) that a Dietz 7-11 would use....

Also would those be used in other makers beacons ??

Thank you !!

Clear 4416 / 30 Watt 12 Volt - spot light
Red 4416R / 30 Watt 12 Volt - spot light
Amber 4416A / 30 Watt 12 Volt - spot light
Blue 4416B / 30 Watt 12 Volt - spot light
Clear 4411 / 35 Watt 12 - Flood light type lens
Amber 4415A / 35 Watt 12 Volt - Flood Light Lens

All the above are PAR 36 bulbs, and if you search that term on eBay, you will find many offerings. Watch the prices, since some are under local pricing, and many are quite a bit more expensive. Just make sure that whatever you purchase, it has the screw terminals on the backside. The above is just a partial list of what is available in PAR 36.

The dome lights used a couple of different bulbs depending on the agency. Spotlights, flood light are the two most commonly used bulbs in beacons.
There are also PAR 36 bulbs that are higher intensity, however, they draw a lot more current, which can lead to problems, especially in an older car. I have seen melted wires from too much current draw, and blown fuses. Stick to the 30 Watt bulbs, and you will be safe.

The Dietz 7-11, that I have, came with two 4416 clear bulbs, and two 4416R red bulbs. That's under the red plastic dome. The clears are marked hand spotlight, the reds are marked auto signal. All four are GEs.

Back