Does anyone ever buy a removal hearse anymore?

Kent Dorsey

PCS Member / Funeral Director
Many of you know I parted with the '81 S & S, the '90 Superior Chevrolet, and the '96 S & S Lincoln late last year. The '96 Lincoln had long served as the removal hearse and second out coach.
After the exit of the Lincoln, the green '92 S & S Victoria was pressed into service as the removal hearse. I knew I would be on the lookout for something to update with eventually. So many firms have went to non descript minivans and other (I say death denying) vehicles for removals, that few of us worry about keeping a hearse that is constantly stocked with all the equipment we need, and devoted pretty much to the removal process.
Old fashioned, I wanted to keep a removal hearse and keep the '08 S & S Victoria as the flagship funeral hearse.
I had been working with a dealer on one they had since January, that he and I couldn't agree what it was worth. This one popped up on his site, and from the time of my asking - to an agreement - was about 4 hours.
I will post more photos when we have a little work done to it. Interior is immaculate. Former Summersett FH, Salisbury hearse.
'03 Federal Stratford...

Attachments

• 03 Federal 5 19.jpg
    03 Federal 5 19.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 434
  • 03 Federal 5 19  2.jpg
    03 Federal 5 19 2.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 425
Beautiful Coach. A word to the wise I have been having issues with the door latches on my 06 Town Car and big time on the 03 S&S Coach currently two doors that will not open. Getting in to get them freed up is tough. Best thing is remove door panel and go in with spray white grease and soak entire mechanism from outside handle to latch. Believe me an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I think it has to do with the outside handle as this problem has never happened with the Crown Victorias that have the same door latch.

could be something binding that doesn't let the inside handle return all the way.
it gets stuck in a limbo position. not open or closed. one should do the presser washer trick first before lubing if you can. or at lease soak it in a light lube like wd-40 or any other penetrint then fallow up with the grease. I have found that it usually dirt build up on the grease and lack of use. getting in there to do it with it stuck close is not fun.

Kent, Michellin still had a thin white stripe for the 17 inch wheels on my 03 Cartier , but the last set I bought in 2015 won't stay white. I went to blackwalls on the two other Town Car leads and Lincoln coaches and they look good if kept clean. Starting in about 2005 they came from the factory with blackwalls on the 16 inch wheels. Philip

You could always get Vogues with the whitewall, gold wall combination. Not sure what reputation or image they portray on a funeral car, but I have a set on my gold 76 Fleetwood and they look the part.

Took couple of weeks to get everything in order to put it in service considering the tire search we went on... but finally, put into service and was on a call within an hour of being backed into the garage... (those whitewalls are from Tirestickers.com... as we couldn't locate whitewalls for this particular size...)

Attachments

• 03 lincoln in service 003.jpg
    03 lincoln in service 003.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 03 lincoln in service 005.jpg
    03 lincoln in service 005.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 03 lincoln in service 009.jpg
    03 lincoln in service 009.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 03 lincoln in service 011.jpg
    03 lincoln in service 011.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 151
Took couple of weeks to get everything in order to put it in service considering the tire search we went on... but finally, put into service and was on a call within an hour of being backed into the garage... (those whitewalls are from Tirestickers.com... as we couldn't locate whitewalls for this particular size...)

NICE LOOKING coach!

Back