I can see it

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
you ever have one of those times when you can stand flat footed looking down and see what you want to do but have no way to reach it. getting the flap on the corner glass has proved to be one of those things. you need to spread the glue on the sill and the flap. but no one has invented a brush with a crooked handle on it. my guess is this got done before the glass went in. the first time it was done. we got it but man it was not pretty now if I just figure out how to seat the trim screws. a bit on the 1/4 in ratchet was how I got them out so that how they go back in.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 470
you gotta learn to drink it cold with a layer of dust on top. a man carries with him a fresh cup out and sets it down gets busy and forgets to get back to it on occasion. but me I could never have a man cave the couch and fridge take up to much space and who has time to set and wish.

me I could never work and drink. but I could work and BS. the rule is keep your hands busy while you talk and lets get this thing done. you got a better way to do it don't keep it to yourself.

you get a chance to wire brush the floor under the flop panels of the Paramount and suck out the dust with the shop vac I'll bring over the correct paint and a toss brush we can get that done before we head out to Flint

Lap coffee,

Ed is so right coffee is better cold with dust on it,when I clean my friends shop they call it the lap coffee, have a swig get busy doing something and next go around have another sip,

we did finally get up to here on the inside. been putting the the dome lights in. I will give you a hint if you ever try to do this at home. put a bulb in the dome light and test before you put the headliner up. I just did the quick test of power and we had power at each one of them. I did not forget they worked by opening and closing the grounds. I knew the wiring was complete except for the front one. nothing was changed from when I disassembled it. none of them worked when I got the car. but after a day of disassembling what I put in already, I now know how Eureka wired there dome lights and to what switch. no I did not take the headliner down I did remove the heater, wiper and headlight switch though. I'll tell you about in the parking lot some meet. by now you would think I would be used to not as expected when messing with wiring on a pro car. but the 58 model from GM really has things under the dash tight. so we were fighting both of them. the good news is I now know what 3 of the 4 added switches are for and that they work as Eureka intended. the beacon switch pulled on and left loose behind the dash is a mystery that will never be solved.

Attachments

• IMG_0334a.jpg
    IMG_0334a.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0335a.jpg
    IMG_0335a.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 273
we have them now. wish I had tried them before as we could have easily run a extra ground wire or two before the headliner was in place and had them working in a more conventional manner.

but they will work as Eureka engineered them to. all except the front one . the fixture they used and the way it was mounted and wired hot it could not have worked from day one. I guessing someone was to have left it out and cut a hole they were not supposed to. the non working light was put in to cover the hole.

on this one the rear center works off a dash switch. the footwell off the right center door jamb switch. the left rear in the side wall off the rear door jamb switch. I have one of the hot wires from the dome light going to the the second rear door jamb switch. I'm guessing it activated the back up lights. all it was is a contact screwed to the terminal laying loose . the rear lights wiring harness was cut off and missing. the other is the contact for the licence plate light in the rear door.

we made the cab dome light work by insulating the fixture from the body and running the ground from the two contact base to the housing and then the switch on the end to the a ground. you can turn it off and on with the switch on the fixture. it's the only one in the car that works this way. each light is switched separately from the other.

the front doors jamb switches turns on the dash map light. there are no attendance seat switches.

as the headliner is 4 pieces and nailed to the top frame there was no way I wanted to try to remove it and keep it whole. I was thankful for the zipper though and learned that the led replacement bulbs will flicker with any current flow. you have a battery going down issue you can't trace try one of them in the dome light and see if it's really going off or just not enough current to light the bulb.

two days to put in two dome lights but they are in and work

Attachments

• IMG_0371a.jpg
    IMG_0371a.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 205
Back