Lifeliner UpDate

Stopped by and took some pictures and Joe assured me I will have the Lifeliner back by next weekend. YIPPEE!!! I cranked her up and played with the mechanical siren behind the grill. She started right up and sounded so nice and quiet.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 428
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 432
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 426
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 430
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 430
you might ask him to put a few more clips on the beltline body molding. I have the Aveco number of them. the GM style that use the pegs not the rambler ones that drive in. got the number for the rivets and a nose piece for the Morrison pop rivet gun to put the pegs in. the mail goes both ways. here is what the 73 S&S looked like without the trim on. you can see they have a clip about every 6 inches little over kill but they stay on. the noise piece spaces the rivet up to the right height to slide the GM clips over. S&S used the standard GM method rather the the pound in ones the rest did. once the molding is on who can tell

Attachments

• IMG_2006s.jpg
    IMG_2006s.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_1625 so here are the rivits in the tool. note the reses.JPG
    IMG_1625 so here are the rivits in the tool. note the reses.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 430
Yippee.... I just got the call that I can pick the Lifeliner up this weekend. I had the plugs changed, changed the oil, and replaced the fuel pump due to a leak. It has to wait another week since I'm at MECUM saturday and need to be back here Sunday for two burials.

My goal is to pick her up, take home and re-install just the necessary lighting and clean her up enough to drive to Brandon. I'll store her in the cemetery garage and as time allows get her back to her glory days.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

• PCS2011HudsonOH124.jpg
    PCS2011HudsonOH124.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 284
  • PCS2011HudsonOH031.jpg
    PCS2011HudsonOH031.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 282
I saw the Lifeliner yesterday and she looks awesome. While chekcing her out Joe said he thinks something is wrong with the "Q". He said when you hit the brake it grinds. So we tested her out and what we found was I gave him the wrong mount which was a flat mount and it needs the angled mount.
Being fixed and "I will be picking her up this Saturday".

Is this being restored as original, with no lights on the top of the raised roof?

Going back to the way it came from the factory as ordered per the owner. The beacons where mounted there as well as the rear loading lights on the side due to a low car port at the funeral home. I will not however, re-install the air horns but toying with the idea of mounting one air horn under the hood adding in an air pump. Sunday my son and I filled the compressor and was playing with the air horn. Very loud.....

Going back to the way it came from the factory as ordered per the owner. The beacons where mounted there as well as the rear loading lights on the side due to a low car port at the funeral home.

So-o-o-o...you're saying that nothing will go on the raised portion of the roof, as originally ordered? Great - glad to hear it!

Update. Have most of the equipment on her still need to install the trim. She drove like a dream from home to the cemetery in Brandon.

Attachments

• L6.jpg
    L6.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 247
  • L7.jpg
    L7.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 241
  • L9.jpg
    L9.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 242
  • L2.jpg
    L2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 241
  • L3.jpg
    L3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 240
  • L4.jpg
    L4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 239
Few more added. The hood is not off just not closed

Attachments

• L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 240
  • L5.jpg
    L5.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 242
  • L8.jpg
    L8.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 244
now thats nice. did you make the top light demountable? if it is that way you bend the load light in the rear flat and take the center beacom off it will just slide under a 7 foot door.

what I did on the 72 olds was made a flat plate for the three studs that sat level with the roof ad just off . then mounted a base on the three studs on the light with a set of magnets. then spaced everything out so that when the lights was on the car it road just off the roof on the plate. then wired a quick disconnect with hot and ground. put a ring on the plate and a safety chain and clip on the light. a icecream bucket works good for the light when it's off toss a couple wash rags in the bottom and turn the light up side down. set that in a box. just don't forget the load lights. will you'll only do that once. that setup worked good for me. as there was not a zipper in the headliner I could not run the bolt down thru. then on this one I hst belted the light to the jump seat to keep it safe

Attachments

• 1972 cb jump seat.JPG
    1972 cb jump seat.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4293.jpg
    IMG_4293.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4294.jpg
    IMG_4294.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 163
Back