Looking for an unusual Limousine?

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
Looking for an unusual limousine? Here's something rarely seen this side of the pond. This 1977 Volvo 264 limousine is said to be a former DDR vehicle and is capable of seating 7 people. The dark blue color looks good, I like the Euro headlights with their own wipers, and it looks like there are flag attachment pegs at each front corner. The cloth interior looks clean and the transmission is an automatic. It's at a Volvo dealer in Leingarten, Germany for 15,900 euro (today ~$18,400 USD). Take a look:

http://www.autoscout24.eu/Details.aspx?id=256703775

FABELHAFT! (Fantastic!) This unusual Volvo - formally designated the 264 TE once they were turned into a limo by Carrozzeria Bertone of Italy - really not a bad deal if this example still in good shape and you speak enough German to pursue the matter properly. Those of you, like me, with less ambition can buy this a car as a 1/43rd scale model from Matrix or Best of Show in the $80-$100. The Best of Show version I just acquired in November is especially neat, kitted out with East German fender flags and a small blue roof beacon - I'm definitely showing mine at this month's Micro-Meet in Flint to mark the 25th anniversary of the Berlin Wall's dismemberment.

Attachments

• Volvo 264 DDR Best of Show 838517.jpg
    Volvo 264 DDR Best of Show 838517.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Back