Ford/Lincoln/Mercury procars

I was looking through some pictures on my computer and saw a 39 Ford ambulance. I knew it came from my friend's site, but that was all. I finally found the picture, it says Hot Rod Power Tour 2010 Chattanooga Tn. Here is the link, 39 Ford ambulance

Just when we think we've seen 'em all...

This conversion of a 1986 Ford Country Squire was done by CRS Coach (McAlester, OK) for a private service in CA. As you can see in the aft view, the inner streetside rear window had cabinetry installed (although it wasn't very deep!).

(SL photos)

Attachments

• Ford front 001.jpg
    Ford front 001.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,918
  • Ford rear 001.jpg
    Ford rear 001.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2,022
I will guess it was taken at the owners house in Kent WA. All I know of the car is that the current owner bought it at an abandoned vehicle auction from a tow company. I believe the car was impounded on Vashon Island . More pictures of it are on the Rain City Hearse Club site www.raincityhearse.org and clicking on "coaches in the club"

Last edited:
The Chicago F.D. ordered a fleet of black over red 1946 Siebert/Mercury ambulances. Original warning lights were red and green Mars 888s as seen here; later, a Mars FL-8 was added to each roof. Here are Units 8, 13, and one with no number on the door:

(SL collection)

Attachments

• CFD 8 001.jpg
    CFD 8 001.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,618
  • CFD 13 001.jpg
    CFD 13 001.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,441
  • CFD unk 001.jpg
    CFD unk 001.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,425
Just when we think we've seen 'em all...continued

I photographed this unusual station wagon stretch at Carl Woerner's place in 1990. He later exported it to Mexico. A matching limousine was part of the original order:

1976 Sharpe/Mercury endloader (w/extension table)
Ex-Schlup F.H. (Akron, OH)

(SL photos)

Attachments

• Mercury 001.jpg
    Mercury 001.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 2,480
I photographed this unusual station wagon stretch at Carl Woerner's place in 1990. He later exported it to Mexico. A matching limousine was part of the original order:

1976 Sharpe/Mercury endloader (w/extension table)
Ex-Schlup F.H. (Akron, OH)

(SL photos)

attachment.php

Very cool! Patrick's gonna flip when he see's this. Probably buy a ticket to Mexico too!

Did you happen to get a picture of the limousine?

Actually, Patrick already knows about this car! :) Yup, that's the twin to my white one, which I had at Flint in 2009. And just like the Bayliff Packards, only two were built.

Randy Sharpe expressed interest to me in finding one of his creations to acquire as a collector vehicle, so I passed the information I had about this car along to him. He contacted the Mexican cemetery that purchased this car from Carl, and said their response when he asked about it was, "Oh, that ugly thing. We were so glad to see that thing go." So, needless to say, they don't have it anymore, and apparently were not interested in sharing any information about it.

As for the matching limo, I don't need pictures of it...its sitting in my garage! :thumb:

By chance, I was sent these photos a few years ago of a car in a Bakersfield, CA junkyard...it's the Anadarko car!

Does anyone know if this car is still there, and if so if it is for sale? Hard to tell what's missing with that big pile in the back, but it looks like it's worth saving.

Latest piece of literature acquired, 1958 ACC Amblewagon Mercury Conversion.

Attachments

• 58 Merc. Amblewagon 1.jpg
    58 Merc. Amblewagon 1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 58 Merc. Amblewagon 2.jpg
    58 Merc. Amblewagon 2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,109
In the summer of 1982 I flew to Pennsylvania to pick up a car I bought:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/album.php?albumid=99&pictureid=1730

On the PA Turnpike, traveling west toward home, I saw a 1953 Ford/Siebert coach (combination, as it turned out) heading east. Having never seen one of these in person at the time, I was eager to get a photo. I kicked in the 472, got off at Everett, got back on and eventually caught up with the car. I motioned for the driver to pull over, he did, I explained what I wanted, he agreed (I seem to have good luck with this procedure), and we pulled off at the next exit. Here are the results of that event:

(SL photos)

Attachments

• Ford front 001.jpg
    Ford front 001.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,442
  • Ford rear 001.jpg
    Ford rear 001.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,450
Cool pics Steve. This one is a '54 ford though. I have a '53 4 dr sedan. The only real changes on these cars from 52 to 53 to 54 was the grills and the parking lights. 52's had larger round parking lights under the grill in the fenders. 53's have rectangular parking lights also in the fender under a grill that looks like an airplane propeller. And 54's have small round parking lights up in the grill like the one here in the pic.

Lol!!! You are correct Mike, that was my '53 you saw in Hell on Saturday. I drove it down there to meet my brother there with his 72 MM combo that he drove in the parade. I figured my car would fit in with the bunch down there, lol. And yes this car that Steve has pictured here is in great shape compared to mine right now, lol. I do hope to restore mine some day since it has been in my family since new, but right now that's not in the budget anytime soon. It's a blast to drive in it's current condition and gets a ton of attention just as it is.

Corrections welcome

The more I look at it, the more I think that Ford on the turnpike is not a Siebert. Since the car had no nameplates, that was probably an assumption I made at the time. Almost 30 years later and having seen many cars since, this looks more like Economy or even National bodywork.

Last edited:
Back