WANTED - Interior Window Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on who I could contact to find a replacement for my interior window trim?

These are the long grey plastic pieces of trim that can be found on the inside of the car.

Thanks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I would just refinish the ones that you have, since finding them new would be as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack. Can't tell from your picture, but I am guessing that they are aluminum. If so, you can have them stripped and polished, and re anodized so they will look like new. Superior had those pieces custom made for them, and I have no idea how you could even find the original vendor, if they are still in business.

yup only place to get any is another superior and they most likly would look the same. polish them out and you could see if any one around is doing the clear power coating. inside it should hold up well.

They are grey plastic or ABS type material.

The solution may be to have one of the shops that produce this stuff to do a special run, but I imagine that it is not cheap.

Any Superior folks looking for new plastic trim that would be interested to split the cost of a run of the stuff?

Send me a PM and we'll se what we can do.

Re: casting ???

Check and see if your local high school metals shop can make you a set of molds and cast them in aluminum or bronze. I had my friend take my pitted and damaged hood ornament in and made me a duplicate. He did it as a project and I kicked him a few bucks for it and he got a grade on it. It turned out perfect and I then sent it out to be plated and only I know it is not a factory original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back