'70 Superior Crown Combo At Pet Cemetery

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I realize that many of you are aware of this coach, but I was back in the Wichita area last week and stopped by to check on the coach while I was passing through Andover, KS. I sure wish someone would talk the owner out of this car. Pretty rare coach being a Crown landau combination!

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1400621130080.jpg
    ResizedImage_1400621130080.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20140514_143257_209.jpg
    IMG_20140514_143257_209.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 469
I am assuming the original color to be white with the white top, based only on the white paint beneath the peeling blue paint. Steve Loftin probably has more information on this coach's history. The right front window has been broken out at some point and has been replaced with Plexiglas. I am sure that it has not moved in many, many years.

Both me and Doug Watson have been after the owner to sell the car. They won't. It does run and is in really good condition for its appearance. It was white and was painted like that to gain attention to their business. It's owned by a pet cemetery.

Mick Smith had mentioned that the gal that owns it would now consider selling, but cannot come up with a price.

That car has been there since the late 80's I believe. The one good thing is that its somewhat covered. I remember when the trees were smaller and you could see more of the pet cemetery. Most of the area was farm land, but its all getting commercial, and this place is starting to blend it when you drive by about 60mph. I always like the color.

I first noticed it in 1992 and it hasn't moved since then. Originally it was almost a twin to the 70 Crown Royale Landaulet combo I used to own. Solid white exterior with a Black and white interior.

Back