Ohio PCS fall picnic on Sept. 16 - will you be there?

Ohio Chapter picnic

Sarah,
Looks like I will be there.
I will bring a pie and a salad.
A few freeze packets should
keep everything in good shape.
See you at the picnic.
Mike

If I can get Dispatch to cooperate and keep me home Sunday, Barb and I will try to scoot down to give Ron's new one a good look over. Maybe tell a few stories, have a little fun......ya just never can tell these days!!!

Well as I figured, we've got too much freight going to far out, so I've got to leave Sunday afternoon. I've got to deliver in Rockford, IL. early Monday morning, then get back to Chicago and pick up a load of beer coming back. Good paying round trip, but kinda shoots Sunday at the picnic in the tail section!!

Enjoy yourselves guys!!!!!

uncloaking to RSVP

I will be attending, along with my son, in the newly revived 1996 Krystal 95" stretch Cadillac limousine. We probably won't be there until about 1:00, as we have a previous engagement in the morning.........
........unless you all want a limo ride to go to the Glenmoore Gathering for a couple hours with us......in which case I could bring the 112" limo and we could all meet early and I'll drive us all there and back to the picnic.
Discuss amongst yourselves and someone call me tomorrow (Saturday) so I know how early to wake up Sunday morning.
330-903-0508

Gotta re-cloak and get back to work now. Friday night and all. They drink, I drive. It works out.

Is anyone keeping track of what everyone is bringing?
What is missing from a well balanced menu?
Hate tho show up with the same side dish as everyone else.

Is anyone keeping track of what everyone is bringing?
What is missing from a well balanced menu?
Hate tho show up with the same side dish as everyone else.

It looks like we have:
Sarah - hummus, tortilla chips, Asian pasta salad, pop and hot dog condiments
Bob Norman - hot dogs and buns
Ron Devies - box of burgers and macaroni salad
Mark Jordan - baked corn dish
Dwayne Brooks - chips and snack items
Mike Stevens - pie and salad
Dan Skivolocke - donuts
Jerry Jacobson - ??
Carl Thompson - ??

**Don't forget that everyone has to bring their own chairs! See you tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
Did Russ say he was coming home with beer? That's good, right?
See you on Sunday.
Mike

Yes, Russ said he is coming home Monday afternoon with a load of beer. For being a carrier of building materials primarily, we haul a stunning amount of alcohol. Usually always beer out of Chicago, and almost always bourbon out of Kentucky. Bad news about hauling those things is the driver has got to stay hooked to the load, and with the truck until it delivers. Security and all that stuff. Good news is the loads pay real well for all the risk we take and trouble we go to.

Hi Sarah! although I couldn't ever do a trip like that due to my health, I'll be there in spirit! (possibly literally if my kidneys fail again!) I'd love to see you again. good luck with everything!

fun while it lasted

The Ohio Chapter picnic is now in the history book. Almost went like a national meet. We thought we were going to have to have a hard luck trophy towards the end. Dan had to drive the Echelon instead of a '59 but he got there. Like anytime you are having a good time it comes to an end all too soon. Looking forward to the next one.
Mike

Back