1961 Cadillac Eureka Hightop

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I just picked up a 61 Cadillac Eureka Hightop Ambulance. The car is all original. It even has factory bucket seats. I'm curious if anyone out there has ever seen or heard of such a beast. Please let me know. My email is jeremy9146@gmail.com. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jeremy

Welcome Jeremy. You will find the friends you make here have a wealth of information to help you enjoy your car all the more.
:smileflagcan:

Congrats on the purchase. I would love to see it when you get in to NJ. You're only about 25minutes from me.

Thanks!!!

I really appreciate the warm welcome from everyone. I been collecting Cadillac's for years. I bought my first 59 when I was 12 yrs old. This Eureka is my second commercial chassis. Does anyone know of a good source for the build history of Eureka vehicles? Such as production figures and options/price lists. I really want to put together a comprehensive history of this particular vehicle. I'm gathering all the historical info from Taos NM that I can get. From vintage photos of the car to written accounts of the vehicle from people who drove and cared for her during her lifetime as a servant of the public. I really can't wait to get my hands on her and take some detailed photos. Again I really appreciate the warm welcome and any comments or questions you guys and gals have. Thanks Jeremy

Welcome to our website, and don't be shy about asking more questions. The information flows freely from all our members. Also, please consider joining the Professional Car Society by clicking on the blue icon in the upper right hand corner of every website page. We publish an award winning magazine ever quarter, that is highly prized by car collectors all over the world.
Tom McPherson wrote a book on Eureka, and has a lot of original documentation on the Eureka Company. Unfortunately, this book is out of print, and no longer available. Occasionally, one does come up for sale in the secondary market.
There is a website member that is in contact with Tom on a regular basis, and I am certain that he will relay your message of interest in getting information about this vehicle. The one thing that he will need is the information from the Eureka data plate. He can tell you when it was delivered and to whom.
I am curious as to how you learned about the auction in New Mexico.
Thanks
Paul

Hello Jeremy! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a very rare acquisition! I am thrilled that this ambulance is coming to New Jersey and I would really like to see it and meet you. You and I share similar passions, I have owned many Cadillacs and quite a few of those were professional cars. You will find the answers to your questions here and you will find that there are many people that are happy to share knowledge and help you in many ways. Good luck with your new car!

Jeremy, congratulations on your purchase. You got one heck of an ambulance, great car. Best of luck on the restoration, we'll be glad to help.

Paul alluded to two things. First, please do join the actual club, the Professional Car Society. I assure you that you will enjoy the company and the information we share, more than just what's on the website. Second, the book you are looking for is "Eureka, a Complete History" by Tom McPherson. The book will answer many of your questions. Keep any eye open on e-bay or other sources for it. Tom is a wealth of information, and there are many of us (myself included) who can contact him if you need.

Jeremy: I echo the other member's comments... Membership in the National and your Local Chapter of the PCS + being a Website Site Supporter... have to be among the best deals in earth for a professional car collector and restorer. If it's not too private, I am curious as to how you handled the pick up and delivery of your (VERY RARE) Ambulance from New Mexico and the cost? THX-MM

Hi glad to see the car going to some one that has an appreciation of its historical value. not just that it would make a neat ghostbusters car. you will find things in that car that do not exist in any other. I guessing that the Pinner of Paul's is the only other car with nature wood cabinets. what ever you do please post pictures of you progress on the car and good luck with it. there are a lot of club members near you so yes think about joining the group.

" Second, the book you are looking for is "Eureka, a Complete History" by Tom McPherson. The book will answer many of your questions. Keep any eye open on e-bay or other sources for it."

There is a copy on Amazon-
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-The-Company-complete-history/dp/096978791X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348157208&sr=8-1&keywords=Eureka%3A+The+Eureka+Company+%3A+a+complete+history+[/ame][Paperback]

Jeremy,

Welcome to the group, and congratulations on your new Ambulance. What a fantastic car you have to restore.

Josh

From one Jeremy to another Jeremy!

WELCOME!!!

Hope you enjoy it here and find the answers you are looking for and congrats on that save and find!:)

some info

A friend of mine is a Deputy with the Grant Co NM Sheriff Office. He contacted a friend of his with the Taos City PD who went & looked at the car last week. He was told that supposedly a few years back, it had a new Cadillac motor installed & then was parked. Gurney is still in the car. The car was described as being "massive" but in pretty good shape for its age.

Last edited:
Welcome Jeremy, good to see some fresh blood coming in and with a spectacular car as well. Looking forward to seeing A LOT of progress pictures.

Welcome Jeremy!

Hope that you find the information that you need here on the website and within the Professional Car Society. Not only a great group of people to know, such a wealth of information to be had also!

Show us some pictures! :071:
Before pictures or after pictures or in between pictures!
We wanna see! :) :) :)

Back