Ambulance Cross

I have a question about an aluminium cross that says AMBULANCE, its like the name plate for a hearse. Were these in certain year cars, or by certain mfg? The ones I have , the bottom and top of the cross has spring loaded pins that help in the placement or removal from the window. I've looked around on here for some info but I haven't found any, so maybe someone could help me out.

Isnt those one used on 59-60 Miller-Meteor ambulances..?

Quick view but it's the only reference I remember:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfRSOd9X5Os[/ame]

Last edited:
Thanks, that looks like the ones I have. Is that the only mfg that offered that or is that something like made for after market back in the early 60's? Is there much demand for those crosses or someone makes them? Sorry for all the questions but interested it what the story is on them.

In order: *Yes. No. Relative. No.

Most of those were answered in linked thread.

*Flxble offered a similar window design ambulance cross before taking a hiatus from building professional cars ('53-'58).

Sorry, I didn't even see the link posted. Yes that pretty much answers my question about those. I have a pair of crosses that are painted, can't remember I think they are red lettered. So you can add me to the list, Attila B.

Back