Who can identify the cars in these photos?

And here the lincolns.

lrr_10.jpg

Chassis: Lincoln Town Car (3rd generation, 1998-2011, but this is a car from before the facelift in 2003). It is first registered in 2000
Coachbuilder: ???
Style: landau...

lrr_11.jpg

Chassis: Lincoln Town Car (3rd generation, 1998-2011, but this is a car from before the facelift in 2003). This one is first registered in 2001.
Style: Landau...

lrr_12.jpg

Chassis: Lincoln Town Car (3rd generation, 1998-2011, but this is a car from after the facelift in 2003). This one is first registered in 2005.
Style: Landau...

lrr_13a.jpg

lrr_13b.jpg

Chassis: Lincoln Town Car (3rd generation, 1998-2011, but this is a car from after the facelift in 2003). Car is still on trade plates, so may very well be new.
Coachbuilder: Federal???
Style: Landau... is this what they call a family hearse or does it have an official name? Interesting car, and very long!

lrr_14.jpg

Chassis: Lincoln MKT. Still on trade plates, so possibly new.
Coachbuilder: Eagle, the American Eagle (there is also Wilcox/Eagle in the UK)
Style: Icon? Landau

Hope I don't ask too much! I'm really impressed and grateful for all your time and effort.

The first and third pic is a Federal not sure but model may be Stratford.
The second pic is a Eureka Kingsford.
The 4th and 5th pic are a Federal Family Coach
the last is a 2012 or 13 Eagle Icon.
The others is very hard to tell years, but you do have the range correct. No idea on production numbers on things this new.
The 1998-2002 are my favorite year of newer Lincolns (and the 2012-13)

Thanks all.

Two questions left regarding these cars above:

1: Paul Yates writes, the Federal Family coach is a Federal XG. It XG an additional type for this car?
2: What makes you John unsure about the model name of the other Federals? Is there a way to get a definitive clue?

Thanks again!

Here three modern Cadillacs.

lrr_15.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), this car is registered in calendar year 2006). Wheelbase is 147 inch.
Coachbuilder: looks like a signature of Sayers & Scovill, S&S?
Style: landau, name unknown

lrr_16.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), this car is registered in calendar year 2007). Wheelbase is 151.5 inch.
Coachbuilder: Eagle...?
Style: landau, it seems there is "Ultimate" written on the c-pillar?

lrr_17.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), this car is registered in calendar year 2007). Wheelbase is 147 inch.
Coachbuilder: Eureka?

lrr_18.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), this car is registered in calendar year 2008). Wheelbase is 147 inch.
Coachbuilder: ?
Style: limousine style, name unknown

The first and third car have a kind of strip running over the roof. Does that have a name or function?

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks all.

Two questions left regarding these cars above:

1: Paul Yates writes, the Federal Family coach is a Federal XG. It XG an additional type for this car?
2: What makes you John unsure about the model name of the other Federals? Is there a way to get a definitive clue?

Thanks again!

1) I have not heard them called anything but a Family hearse so I dont know.
2) I dont know because the newer cars look so much allike, and I dont have the experiance with them as I do the older ones. Plus many people have no interest in the new ones so unless you own the car, have a brochure, or see it on their website the info is not out there.
I am also unsure about some cars, because I am not an expert on all these cars, and I far from know it all.

Here three modern Cadillacs.

lrr_15.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), this car is registered in calendar year 2006). Wheelbase is 147 inch.
Coachbuilder: looks like a signature of Sayers & Scovill, S&S?

lrr_16.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), this car is registered in calendar year 2007). Wheelbase is 151.5 inch.
Coachbuilder: Eagle...?
Style: landau, it seems there is "Ultimate" written on the c-pillar?

lrr_17.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), this car is registered in calendar year 2007). Wheelbase is 147 inch.
Coachbuilder: Eureka?

lrr_18.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), this car is registered in calendar year 2008). Wheelbase is 147 inch.
Style: limousine style, name unknown

The first and third car have a kind of strip running over the roof. Does that have a name or function?

Many thanks in advance!

The first and last are S&S Medalist. One landau, one limousine style.
The second, you are right, a Eagle Ultamite.
The other is a Eureka, for some reason Im thinking Onyx for the model, but may be way off, so more research is needed.

As for the chrome band, in the older days it was used to specify a model (as in Superiors Crown Royale), but anymore it seems to be just a extra cost option, as I have seen in brochures the same car with and without the crown band called the same thing. They are just for decoration and have no functional purpose other than to dress the car up.

1) I have not heard them called anything but a Family hearse so I dont know.
2) I dont know because the newer cars look so much allike, and I dont have the experiance with them as I do the older ones. Plus many people have no interest in the new ones so unless you own the car, have a brochure, or see it on their website the info is not out there.
I am also unsure about some cars, because I am not an expert on all these cars, and I far from know it all.

I totally understand. For some of these cars I can try to contact the company that own them or even the coachbuilder at some time. For now this is great!

These are three other DTS-based hearses.

lrr_19.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), registered in Belgium, so don't know when this car was first registered.
Coachbuilder: Eagle???
Style: landau, it seems to be "Kingsley" or something with an H has been written on the C-pillar. Don't know if that makes sence.

lrr_20.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), registered in Belgium, so don't know when this car was first registered.
Coachbuilder: Superior?
Style: limousine style... name unknown

lrr_21.jpg

Chassis: Cadillac DTS (2006-2011), registered in 2007.
Style: landau... name unknown

And three of the older Lincolns in my archives.

lincoln_sv1a.jpg

lincoln_sv1b.jpg

Chassis: 1978 Lincoln Continental
Coachbuilder: I'm not sure if this is done by a professional though. I saw somewhere Silco converted these cars...?
Style: 4-door convertible; Lincoln did offer this body style until 1968, so this must be a converted one.

lincoln_sv2.jpg

Chassis: 1993 Lincoln Town Car
Coachbuilder: owner told me the car was stretched by "National Coach Engineering Limited", but I cannot find any info on this company??? Wheelbase is more than 200 inch.
Style: stretched limousine, don't know if there is a more specific description.

lincoln_sv3.jpg

Chassis: pre-facelift Lincoln Town Car (1998-2003)
Coachbuilder: Krystal
Style: stretched limousine, don't know if there is a more specific description.

Many thanks!

Coachbuilder: owner told me the car was stretched by "National Coach Engineering Limited", but I cannot find any info on this company???

I was wrong: National Coach Engineering offered Firebird convertible conversions (2nd generation) and indeed Lincoln stretched limousines. Cannot find a complete history of the firm; it seems to have closed its doors in 1997.

Nobody has a clue about these cars...? I'm especially interested in the hearses (upper three).

Thanks in advance!

Not sure of the first one, second is a Superior Imperial, and third is an Eureka, not sure on model, you can check them out by going to coachbuilder sites for more info.
Limos, no idea.

Not sure of the first one, second is a Superior Imperial, and third is an Eureka, not sure on model, you can check them out by going to coachbuilder sites for more info.
Limos, no idea.

Thank you very much John.
The first must be a Kingsley; Eagle currently offers the Icon, Ultimate and the less expensive Kingsley.
Your help is very much apreciated. I will put some other hearses on the forum tomorrow. Every bit of info helps.

Two things I found out:
The Federal Family Hearse is indeed named XG and is based upon the Cadillac and Lincoln-chassis. Their Lincoln-based hearse is indeed called the "Stratfrd". Hope this is of any interest.

Three De Ville-based (2000-2005) hearses from my archives.

cad1_1.jpg

unsure.
Model:

cad2_1.jpg

Coachbuilder: Sayers & Scovill....???
Model:

cad3_1.jpg

Coachbuilder: The word Cadillac seems to be written on the C-pillar...
Model:

Thanks a lot!

Back