Cart before the horse

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
Once again we forgot how it went togather. I can't get the grill back in this 67. Need to drop the bumper to be able to slide it up in place. Will the good part is I have a air wrench and it should come off easily. I'll get back to gather then forget by the time I do another.

Ed

We all do that sort of thing once in a while.

I just did the same sort of thing installing new carpet in my 73.

Don't feel bad,
Darren

we have recovered for out miss cue in assembly sequence. there is a good reason I hated to work on these cars when we were making a living at it. you could never beat flat rate on them.

but now it is together again. except fort the splash aprons. the seat and the other two wheels plus the complete exhaust from the headers back. but we can say we are getting there I had to get some help from My noble assisted to drop the bumper and put it back up. but one again with it gone the grill slid up behind the fenders with only a small amount of prying.

we left it looking like this as we headed off the collect the gate at the high school foot ball game. I wish they would move school back to after labor day like it should be

Attachments

• IMG_4096.jpg
    IMG_4096.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4097.jpg
    IMG_4097.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_4098.jpg
    IMG_4098.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_4104.jpg
    IMG_4104.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 147
Painted two wheels in there also and had a hr for lunch. I hurt today. Gone are the 8hr days then slip back over to spray one after supper so you could go out drinking and dancing that evening. Till I went over to the VA I worked straight commission . Compared to those days I feel like a bear cub with boxing gloves on, spend do much time in the hear after and woundering were did that go. Woundering i get anything done.

The comp and pen Dr told me all my problems are due to a setemtety lifestyle. No I said all my problems are from a but first lifestyle.

Your beautiful assistant even has a smile after helping lower and lift that Cadillac bumper. You're a lucky guy Ed !

I hope you at least take her out for dinner every so often !
The dog too as it keeps you company out in the garage.

:applause:

Darren

they rust to. got cone into the repair by one of the guys in the locale car club. I need money for pro cars and I'm willing to earn it anyway I can. why a man would spend it on a old taxi I'll not care.

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpg
    IMG_3872.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 83
Back